Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 0

Engine Sensors - Part 1 Oxygen Sensors

02 sensors Check for a vacuum leak on the two approx1/2 inch hoses that are going in to the back of your throttle body. my hose was cracked and the scanners read 02 sensors, a hundred bucks later a ford mech. friend showed me where and what is was, a 5 dollar fix and no more 02 sensor failure...
  2. 0

Coolant leak

So the long and short of this is (in order from first to last assuming the leak didn't stop) to first goop up my sensors with a tacky gasket maker / sealant, 2 replace to the hoses if it still exists, 3rs H2O pump, last and most expensive = t.stat housing.
  3. 0

o2 sensors That sounds all to familiar. For my 4.0L it was a simple vaccum leak from my crank case to throttle body hose, a 5 dollar fix that cost me two o2 sensors first.
  4. 0

I also at times have an extremely rough idle and occasionally have to nurse the throttle to keep it running, however soon as I start driving, it seems to burn off the excess fuel and run fine.
  5. 0

120+ dollars of regret First time posting, with 120.00 worth of regrets. the scanner is reading bank 1 and bank 2 are running lean, replaced the lower two O2 sensors, still throwing a code, looking for vacuum lines and can only find two, they both look fine, but I can't find where they are...
Back