Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

Problem with my Explorer again (sensor?)

Well it's hard to say. There are always weird problems like this when doing DIY jobs on your vehicle. Like I replaced a sensor that I thought was causing a problem and it fixed it for about a week then the problem came back. It had NOTHING to do with the sensor I realized but for that week it...
  2. D

03 Exp with P0171 code

Make sure you check where the lower and upper intake manifolds meet. If you have a gap there it might be hard to see and it could cause your problems. Easiest way to check would be to spray propane around the place where they meet up and see if the engine starts idling really rough or dies...
  3. D

Problem with my Explorer again (sensor?)

Sounds like fuel-pump might not have been installed properly. Is the CEL on and did you get any codes? If it was installed right there *might* be a defect in the pump itself that's causing the problem.
  4. D

P1131 and P1152

Yeah I was just about to try the propane in that gaped area.
  5. D

P1131 and P1152

Oh I found something. When I was looking at my intake manifold I realized there was a small gap where the upper and lower meet. The gap is on the passenger side. No matter how hard I try I can't get the gap to close up nicely. So could this small gap be causing these codes? Also with the...
  6. D

P1131 and P1152

Yeah that's what I was afraid of. I'll try getting the scanner and sensors and post what happens. I really appreciate your help :)
  7. D

P1131 and P1152

I blew a head-gasket and had water leaking into the oil. So I rebuilt the engine and about 20k miles later the radiator got a crack and leaked tranny fluid into the water which gunked up the whole engine. So I dropped the new one in. The Cats went bad at about the same time that I did the...
  8. D

P1131 and P1152

Yes actually. I recently put an 01 Ranger engine in since I blew the heads on the original engine. Other than that I can't think of anything.
  9. D

P1131 code on 1999 FORD Explorer XLT SOHC

Hey guys. I have had the P1131 and P1152 codes show up on my truck. The truck runs great after it has warmed up, but it still has a rough idle. When the engine is cold it has a really rough idle and the acceleration hesitates and sounds like the engine is misfiring. I just replaced the DPFE...
  10. D

P1131 and P1152

Oh that was some good info to have =-D. So that means my up-stream sensors are being screwy. Do you know what they are supposed to OHM out to so I can test them to see if they need to be replaced? I really don't want to replace them if I've got a vacuum leak somewhere that I just can't find lol.
  11. D

V6 to V8 conversion?

Well right off the bat I'd say hit Autozone for a cheap-o K&N drop in filter. The CAI doesn't really give much more HP for the money spent and the drop-in gives a descent amount and a nice little sound =-D If you DON'T live in Cali I would say doing a full exhaust system. Get high flow cats...
  12. D

P1131 and P1152

Ok. So my CEL is on and I scanned my computer and got those two codes. The engine hesitates and sounds like it misfires when I try to accelerate from a stop while the engine is cold. When the engine comes to temp. it accelerates fine but has a rough idle. Someone suggested testing my O2...
  13. D

V6 to V8 conversion?

Yeah don't do the swap. Either GET a V8 or just up the power on the V6. You would have to swap trannys, electrical wires, the computer, mounts and the list just goes on. To be honest I have a V6 and it surprisingly is faster than many of the V8 trucks.
  14. D

CEL Codes are giving me problems...

Ok thanks a lot. I'll try and figure it out and keep everyone posted.
  15. D

I'm pretty sure the wiring is correct. How exactly would I check the wires? I have an OHM meter.
  16. D

Hey guys. I have codes P1131 and P1152 showing up on my OBD reader. I just replaced my cats because they had gone bad so I was wondering if my old cats caused an oxygen sensor to go bad. As in would it be possible for it to have clogged up a sensor so that I would get these codes? Other than...
  17. D

Performance Cats

Hey thanks everyone. I decided to go with some Dynomax and I'm getting them installed soon. I don't feel like doing all the cutting and blah lol.
  18. D

Performance Cats

Ok not helpful but I can't help but laugh.
  19. D

Performance Cats

So what year Mustang Cats should I get to work with my '97 Explorer? And this mean I will have to cut/weld the old ones out and new ones in correct?
  20. D

Performance Cats

Only thing is I have a V6 4.0 lol.
  21. D

Performance Cats

Ok I checked and Dynomax doesn't seem to have anything for me. Any other help would be greatly appreciated.
  22. D

Performance Cats

Haven't but I will now. Thanks
  23. D

Performance Cats

Hey guys. My cats are bad and I'm looking for new ones. I was going to buy MagnaFlow ones but I seem to be having problems finding direct-fit, california, legal performance cats. Does anyone have any suggestions to help me out? I don't want OEM because I was planning on upgrading them...
  24. D

What to do with my new engine...

Awesome thanks a lot man! I really appreciate the input =-D
  25. D

What to do with my new engine...

Spdracer34: Is that the V8 from the Mustang? If so how would I know what years are compatible with my '97 Explorer? Zachow: I was thinking of getting a MAC intake as well. My question about your cats is were they bolt-on or did you need to cut/weld? Also are they legal in CA? That's one...
Back