Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. P

who has trailered (towed) a car with there Explorer?

I pulled a two horse trailer with two horses and saddles from Las Vegas, NV to Cincinnati, OH a couple years back and had no problems whatsoever. However, the only issue that did develop was that when a semi blew by (I estimate him at about 85, me going 65), the vaccuum from him whipped the...
  2. P

Hey David. This is Frank...the guy with the '97 Explorer that I am parting out. I was curious...

Hey David. This is Frank...the guy with the '97 Explorer that I am parting out. I was curious if you had decided what you wanted to do? Give me a call at (309) 657-4717 if you want to. Thanks, Frank
  3. P

All good things come to an end...

If I read his original post correctly, it was on its side...not the bottom. Not much to grab the dirt with other than the mirror.
  4. P

All good things come to an end...

As wet as it has been around here, I wouldn't be surprised at that distance. When the grass is slick, you would be surprised how far you can go. The good thing is that no one got flipped out a broken window...I noticed that the airbags didn't even pop. And I agree, at least no one got...
  5. P

Torque converter rattle?

Check out places adjacent to the bolts. It could be that when it is loaded/under torque that the noise increases because the flex plate actually is straining
  6. P

'97 going to the scrapper...any parts I should keep?

I am located in west central Illinois...about halfway between Peoria and Springfield. Is there any other electronic items that I can pull that I already haven't discovered or anything that is an item that is difficult to find in good condition? I pulled the spare tire out from under it...
  7. P

Four wheel drive. I still have both driveshafts and the front drivetrain is still in place
  8. P

The rear axle has D4 as the axle code. The rear hatch is rust-free but has a couple of very minor dings in it. The windows are fairly dark tinted and the windshield is crack/chip free. I was thinking about pulling it out but am afraid of breaking it.
  9. P

Its a 4-door and has no rust on it anywhere. It has a rub mark on the right rear side right in front of the rear taillight hole. The obvious stuff that was easiest for the previous owner to remove is gone as well (radio, grill, lights) I have all of the door panels off already. The...
  10. P

I have a '97 Explorer that I bought for the airbag system, radiator support, header panel, hood and right front fender. Before I got it, the engine/tranny/transfer case/exhaust/gas tank/radiator/seats/door switches had been removed. Now, I have removed the pcm from the engine compartment...
  11. P

Oil pressure gauge shows no oil pressure!!

It was my understanding that these oil guages are strictly electrical. With your fluctuation, I would suspect a loose/corroded wire or just a malfunction within the sensor itself. The "tick" could be just a normal valvetrain noise. If you are like me, when you think you have a problem...
  12. P

My '96 Explorer I paid $250 For.

Looks like you were in the right spot at the right time!!! BTW, I have a friend that has over 252,x.. on his '95. I originally bought it and then he bought it for his 16 year old son. It came from a police department and then served as a parts runner for a corporation.
  13. P

'95 4R55e tranny swap into '97 5R55e spot?

I also forgot to add that both the '95 and the '97 have a VIN code of "X" for the engine. Does that make any difference?
  14. P

What would I have to change as far as the computer for the engine?
  15. P

Mine has both the OBDI and OBDII connections in it. I tried to put a scanner on the OBDII and it told me to use the other...but I'm not sure if that was the scanner saying that or the computer in the truck saying that. Does the tranny use one computer and the engine another? If I switched...
  16. P

Here is my situation. I have a '95 Explorer with a 4.0 that has 102k on it. A deer was having a bad day and decided to end it all by running out in front of it while I was on my way to work. Unfortunately, he also killed/totalled the Explorer (now a "branded title"). It took a hard hit on...
  17. P

Good morning from central Illinois

They are both V6s and 4x4s. One has 80k on it and the other 222k
  18. P

Good morning from central Illinois

I have relatively recently purchased a pair of '95 Ford Explorers and was looking for some friendly info. Thanks
Back