Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

Erratic idle hesitation junk pcm

I made a video on it on YouTube awhile back... Long story short, I was having a rough idle, actually it could not idle at first because the MAF was burned out (burn mark on the wire on the MAF). Had it towed to the shop, shop said it was throwing a bunch of LEAN codes and then contradicted...
  2. C

Creepingnet's 93' Sport

Just did a tune-up. Looks like I made the right choices..... First off, analysis. I got about 10K out of Mobile 1 Full Synthetic since last year - so I ran it as on the package. No glitter, no debris, and the oil, while dark, was still transparent. Next are the plugs I had, seems the shop...
  3. C

Erratic idle hesitation junk pcm

I dunno what's different about the automatics but I just replaced the capacitors on my 1993 Sport a couple years ago, I also had to bodge wire a few traces eaten up by the old capacitors. It's still got the original computer, just new caps. It's been running great ever since. As a computer...
  4. C

new to forum, mileage question?

To answer the original thread, IMHO,I don't think any mileage is too high as long as the vehicle is healthy. I've got 417K on my 93 sport. I've heard of guys on this page with the auto going over 1/2 million on their Explorers with an Automatic transmission. Mine's a stick and right now all I...
  5. C

Creepingnet's 93' Sport

Finally moved into a better place with a garage now, been working on the truck more as a result. - Passed smog again, I always get a kick of the "Oh crap, what a piece of **** we have to deal with here, I'm sure it'll fail" and then the confused look when they go "whaddaya know, it passes"...
  6. C

Do you think 1st Gens will become classics?

That'd be my question as well. I know recall seeing Shango66 run a 92' Eddie or XLT parts donor on YouTube using LPG and it seemed to run really well on that stuff.
  7. C

Do you think 1st Gens will become classics?

Man, time flies, I remember this thread. I'm still driving my 1st Gen as a Daily Driver to this day, and less than 75,000mi shy of 1/2 a million miles and closing in fast. They're classics to me. One can always take the individual view vs. the communal view of what's classic or what's not...
  8. C

Creepingnet's 93' Sport

Well, after a crazy long winter with the X doing overtime, including helping a neighbor & local police recover a stolen pickup truck in a snowstorm (crazy story), car season has now begun. Had to do the Rear Brakes last weekend because, one icy morning, I had to make an emergency stop/slowdown...
  9. C

1993 Explorer Power window problem

Id check the notor bushings first. Another issue is the one where my glass let go on one of the clips. Eventually it let go on both sides. Thats one of my "todos" on my 93 sport.
  10. C

1993 Explorer Power window problem

Id check the notor bushings first. Another issue is the one where my glass let go on one of the clips. Eventually it let go on both sides. Thats one of my "todos" on my 93 sport.
  11. C

Ford Explorer 30th Anniversary Edition

Your second idea would actually get me to buy a new truck if they did a 2-door sport version. Little boxy modernized Explorer Sport would be up my alley. And build it in the Louisville Kentucky plant with the Ranger.
  12. C

Creepingnet's 93' Sport

Changed the host to my neocities site. Hopefully that worked. Thanks. Hopefully the host change is fixed
  13. C

Creepingnet's 93' Sport

Hi, I've been lurking since 1997, posting since 2002, and figure with all my incessant, and probably minor work postings in the "What Did You do to your (1st Gen) Explorer Today" thread, it was probably about time I just bit the bullet and make my own addition to the registry. After all, I...
  14. C

100% CONFIRMED!!! Live data on a 1994 Explorer with the Bosch 1300!!!

I might as for one for Xmas for my 93. I could probably rig the data port to be in cab. Seeing it looks like a DB25 going to tha...now has me wondering if there was ever EECIV software for DOS or Windows. I have a 1994 NEC Versa 40EC laptop from 1994 that was indeed a Ford company laptop...
  15. C

What did YOU do to your Explorer today?

Cool, I think this is the one then, at least for the X. Should fit in with my interior renovation/restoration work. Got it back from the shop on Tuesday, got neoprene bushings put in and did not even ask, the handling on the X was never this good, plus I hear they last a little longer. Did not...
  16. C

That looks awesome, and fits right in with my other high-tech upgrade (Bluetooth AM/FM/USB hands-free stereo). How difficult was that to install?
  17. C

Searching for Dash Cams. Had a fight with a entitled "bro" in a black hellcat this morning because he seems to think 2 feet is a proper following distance at 55mph (10 over limit), that the fast lane means you can tailgate people until they go the 105mph you want to go, and turn signals are...
  18. C

Have to agree there. I just like the quote because he says it the same darned way every time in every video and I always find the way he says it funny for some reason. I don't find the mechanics of the thing too quirky either. Been pretty much point-n-shoot there as well, lol.
  19. C

Watched Doug Demuro review the 1st gen (underwhelming, basically no Quirks and Features and the Doug Score is a sheet off a powerpoint), while I plan my annual Radius arm Bushing swap (got that telltale clunk beginning) - trying to decide whether to do it myself or have a shop do it since I...
  20. C

Got the KYBs (Gas-a-Justs) in a couple weeks ago..holy crap..night and day. No more bounce...body lean gone-ish. Handles like a brand new 93'...steering is nice and tight. 65mph shake this gen is known for is gone too. So im digging the handling big time....very "Sporty". Everyone here I read...
  21. C

Just bought some KYB Gas-A-Justs for the X. Putting those on this weekend. Not sure what shocks she's got on there now but they did exceptionally well for the...I dunno..embarassingly long period of time, over 150K at least, and only now are just getting pretty bouncy (about 2 1/2 rebounds -...
  22. C

Looks like auto-maintenance season has finally started to spring.... Had a clunk up front that felt like it was coming from the front driver's side wheel. Did all the standard tests and found the driver's side front tire had a little play and a "clunk" when holding and tilting at 9-3. Checked...
  23. C

Helping minimalize the super vibrations (60-80mph)... you know whats up

Mine oddly has not had that vibration since I put Michelin M/S tires on it in 2007, even with the Firestone Destination AT2s on it now it still does not have the 60-75mph shimmy the 1st gens are known for. What's really odd is BOTH replacements (2007 and 2018 respectively) said I did not need...
  24. C

My head gaskets and heads are the originals. Actually a surprising lot of mine is still original. She just keeps running and reliably at that so I just keep driving it. I'm one of those maintenance and "if it ain't broke don't fix it" people. This one's been quite an amazing vehicle. Not...
  25. C

Was late to work because...im guessing either the TPS os screwing up or my throttle cable is sticking. I guess the upside is I know I dont lack power......that thing tore up to 55 like gangbusters....guess that explains how a 30 year old 412K mile explorer can holit 0-60 in 8 sec. But hit the...
Back