Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. L

Problems with 2000 Explorer

I finally figured it out! If I could get a picture of it I would post it, but I will try to explain... Have a long slim screwdriver. On the left side of your grill, that is, looking at the grill, the side on your left (passenger side) shine your flashlight through the grill towards the hood...
  2. L

Yeah I have pretty much decided it needs to go t my mechanic. I am gonna play with it some and see if I get any results.
  3. L

May just take the damn thing to my mechanic.
  4. L

Explorers should come with a tool set....

I think I need an angle grinder so I can open the hood.
  5. L

Hi, ok I have posted on here before, and its been kind of hit and miss, but now my problems are compounded and I am quite upset right now. So I had this weird noise when I was driving. When I tried to open the hood, the hood release would not release, like the cable was stretched. I came on...
  6. L

Odd ticking noise

Yeah, first thing I checked. Been there before, got the t-shirt. Its a different sound, it doesnt sound like valves.
  7. L

Odd ticking noise

Death rattle? That sounds bad... No it is more of a clicking sound, and a gasket would probably make sense, as I noticed today it got louder as I got into it getting onto the turnpike.
  8. L

Odd ticking noise

hi all I am getting this ticking noise under the hood 'somewhere'. It only happens when I am in drive and accelerating. If I am in the driveway giving it gas I do not get the noise. It sounds like when I was a kid and I would tape a playing card to my bike frame so that it would tick...
  9. L

2000 Ford Explorer hood stuck

After many attempts I was finally able to open the hood with this method. I was not able to access the "C" thing for the secondary release, I couldnt get to it through the grill, was too high. Anyway, now on to my next problem, in a new post.
  10. L

I reckon thats what I need to find. I need to get under the hood to work on some other things, and it is doubly frustrating. I am going to get out in the morning and try to work on it, but I really wish I had a diagram or a good exploded picture to check out how it is laid out.
  11. L

Maybe that is what it is, if I could open the hood I would examine it, but that brings me back to my original problem.
  12. L

I am getting a little frustrated with this, as you might imagine.
  13. L

I pull the release and nothing happens. I know people think that I just need to tap the hood a couple of times, but that has been tried, and the hood release is not pulling on anything, so I can beat on the hood until it falls off and it will not make a difference. If I can get it open it...
  14. L

I wish it were that simple. That was the method I had to use previously. Now there is a noticeable difference in the tension on the hood release. I know there is a way to get this stupid hood to pop, I just cannot figure it out, short of taking a saw to the hood.
  15. L

My hood release is not releasing, which is causing me some understandable concern. I searched this site and found some useful information, however, try as I might, I cannot find any way to release the hood from the front of the truck. Could someone post a detailed explanation, possibly with...
  16. L

Thump when driving...

Thanks for the help! I just wanted to update: I took a look at the sway bar end links on my Explorer, first the passenger side, saw nothing unusual, then I looked at the driver side, and the end link was broken right where it bolts onto the sway bar. It looked easy enough to change...
  17. L

Thump when driving...

I like the idea about the sway bar. Hopefully thats all it is, looks simple enough to fix. Will check that this weekend. Thanks!
  18. L

Thump when driving...

Hi. Ok, I have a 2000 Explorer XLT, 4x4. Recently, while driving at pretty much any speed, but mostly under 50 mph, if I hit the right kind of bumps I will hear a thump from under the front end, seems like the left side. It causes me some concern obviously, but other than the thump there are...
  19. L

New member here

Hoping to work out a few small issues I am having.
Back