Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

well its been a while...

its been a while since ive had an explorer but i need a winter ride and i figure why not complete the set (ive had a second and third gen). im going to look at 94 tomorrow. it has 120k on it, and it looks really nice. hes asking 16 but ive already talked him down to 1400 and ill bet ill get it...
  2. S

Looking at buying 2002 Exp. Eddie Bauer

i would never buy an 02, ontop of everything mentions they have alot of electrical problems
  3. S

round 2

sorry i didnt mean NO cats. in my old explorer 2 out of the 4 were completely gone, assuming this truck has the same amount of cats im talking about taking 2 out. and also i just remembered i have an f150 muffler in my garage so ill throw that on and see how it sounds
  4. S

round 2

so after straying from the explorer family (to an f150) im comin back. im trading my f150 for an 01 explorer sport tomorrow. it has black rims (not sure what brand), a headunit, tints, nothing crazy. i have a few questions though, did this gen sport also come with the dohc and the sohc and if so...
  5. S

Dont drive in a white out

thats what happens when you drive in a white out with 33 inch swupa swampas ova there
  6. S

my baby is gone forever

i really hope thats a joke... and im gonna drive the f150 for a little while then trade it
  7. S

my baby is gone forever

so today i watched my explorer drive away for good. it was a 99 xlt with the v8, loaded, and i mean LOADED, with 31s and a really nice system. i traded it for a 96 f150 with a 6 inch skyjacker long arm kit and a 3 inch body lift on 35s. its a pretty sick truck but i think ill miss my baby...
  8. S

why does it cost $150 to take step bars off?

i can not believe you even considered paying somebody to do this! sometimes you have to get a little dirty, just do it
  9. S

Thoughts about my system!

what are you talkin about? an amp is deff easier to install then a head unit in my opinion... i have a pioneer head unit (i forget the part number but its the "premier" edition), pioneer door speakers, and 2 alpine type E 10s in an xscorpian ported box with an alpine 450 watt amp, and it sounds...
  10. S

cheap tie rods, are they useless?

yea i actually ended up not needing them, they just seemed bad because my wheel bearings were so bad haha. but now i have a new problem, i think i blew my caliper so now i gotta try to figure that out
  11. S

you just said what the other guy said almost word for word...
  12. S

just bought another Explorer

whats a 5.0 kit?
  13. S

i know they arent going to be as good as the more expensive ones but i need to know if the problem with the boot is normal
  14. S

so long story short, my truck got a little mad at me for putting off some issues and the wheel bearings, upper and lower ball joints, and maybe tie rods went all at once. i saved up all my money for a few months which was hard because im out of work (i deliver pizza, cant work without a...
  15. S

Can You Replace Only The Upper Ball Joint On A '98 AWD Mountaineer?

im in the same situation right now but i need more stuff... if you have the stock control arms you can not take the ball joints out, but you can buy aftermarket control arms (like moog) so next time around you can do that next time but since money is an issue i doubt youll want to do that. i...
  16. S

Where the heck is my PCV valve?

my buddy vinnie just told me he took it...
  17. S

brighter headlights?

get H.I.Ds
  18. S

what it with my shackles?

yea i figured that was it, i tried all of this stuff before i made the thread, i think its just a pain in the ass because there no room for a nice big swing of the hammer
  19. S

what it with my shackles?

so yesterday i picked up some shackles from my buddy and woke up this morning and decided to put them in. i get all the nuts off and start goin for the bolts, bottom drivers side comes out fine, but when i went for the top drivers side bolt it will not budge. if i try to turn it with a wrench...
  20. S

help a brotha out

thanks alot guys, i sent a PM to both of those guys. lets hope they hook it up
  21. S

help a brotha out

thanks. and just to make sure because it was a little unclear, the link i posted is what i need correct?
  22. S

help a brotha out

ok got a few questions here. 1. i just bought 2 new front wheel bearings, does it matter which side each one goes on? 2. im in the market for upper ball joints, i know they only come with the upper control arms too. is this what i need? (left and right sides are very different as you can...
  23. S

sprung a leak

ok i just need a quick answer so i can start working without doubting the quality/safety blah blah blah of my new hub. i bought some new hubs on ebay and one has some oil on it, i assume its coming from the inside and i dont think it should do that because its supposed to be a sealed unit. am i...
  24. S

wanting wheel pics! black wheels!!

number one, you should go with 15 inch rims, the tires will be cheaper and easier to find, number two, a 10 inch wide rim with 32s is totally unnecessary. i would go with an 8 inch wide rim. and number three, usually you search before you post the thread, not after lol. but good luck with everything
  25. S

To Lift or Lower....

if i were you i would not lift that thing! around here wheelin means scratches and dents no matter what you do and seeing as how you just painted that i wouldnt do that. lower it a tastefull amount, get some cobra Rs on it or your choice of wheels. intake, exhaust, and maybe down the road when...
Back