Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

upper air intake gasket

it's that I'm in korea and it's hard to get that info. I wanted my freind to get the part tommorow before i get home.
  2. S

upper air intake gasket

I was just wondering if anybody can tell me what gaskets do I need when i take off the upper air intake. Because i'm going to replace all of my fuel injectors. Oh yeah, what other parts besides the o-rings of the fuel injectors do I need to buy. Thanx!
  3. S

fuse panel

can amybody write down what each fuse in the panel goes to? i have no diagram of what there for.
  4. S

spark plugsand right end thump

i noticed that the spark plug on the #5 cylinder keeps on burning out. The area of the porcelin under the prong gets burned until black. I replaced plugs and wires. also i am experiencing a constant thumping noise coming from the right front end, can anybody tell me whats the cause of this
  5. S

97X SOHC BRAKE LIGHTS STAY ON WHEN CAR OFF, NEED HELP!!

would that also prevent me from shifting into the gears.
  6. S

97X SOHC BRAKE LIGHTS STAY ON WHEN I TURN OFF MY SUV. NEED HELP!!

can anybody tell me why my brake lights stay on when my car is turned off?
  7. S

97X SOHC BRAKE LIGHTS STAY ON WHEN CAR OFF, NEED HELP!!

CAN ANYBODY TELL ME WHY MY BRAKE LIGHTS ARE STAYING ON WHEN I TURN OFF MY SUV?
  8. S

brake lights stays on when suv shut off!

I am trying to figure out why my lights stay on when i turn off my truck. can anybody give a clue or an answer on whats causing this?
  9. S

oil #5 plug 97xlt x

only on the plug threads.
  10. S

oil #5 plug 97xlt x

its inside where the cylinder around the threads of the spark plug.
  11. S

oil #5 plug 97xlt x

can anybody tell me whats the cause of oil around the spark plug from the #5 cylinder?
  12. S

#5 PLUG 1997 X SOHC

the remanufacured engine has only 10,000 miles on it
  13. S

#5 PLUG 1997 X SOHC

i NOTICED WHEN I CHECKED THE SPARK BOSCH +4 IT WAS BURNED OUT ON ONE SIDE OF THE PLUG THERE WAS A BURNT PART. SO I PUT IN THE REGULAR MOTOR CRAFT TO SEE IF THE SAME THING HAPPENED AND INDEED THERE WAS THAT BURNT SPOT UNDERNEATH THE PRONG ON THE INNER WHITE PART OF THE SPARK PLUG. ALSO THERE...
  14. S

HESITATION 1997 XLT EXPLORER

I NOTICED WHEN I REV THE ENGINE AND IT HITS 1500 RPMS IT HESITATES REALLY BAD. CAN ANYBODY TELL ME WHAT THE CAUSE OF THIS?
  15. S

oil on #5 spark plug

WHE I NOTICED THE IOL RESIDUE THAATS WHEN I PUT BRAND NEW SPARK PLUGS LAST WEEK.
  16. S

oil on #5 spark plug

i HAVE OIL RESIDUE ON MY #5 SPARK PLUG AND I just had his remanufactured engine put in my 97 explorer xlt 4.0 SOHC CAN ANYBODY TELL WHAT IS THE CAUSE OF THAT. i ONLY PUT 9,000 MILES ON IT. PLEASE HELP ME!!
  17. S

97 XLT SOHC ISSUES

I WENT TO START UP THE CAR AND NOTICED I HAD NO POWER WHAT SO EVER. WHEN I JUMPED IT IT STARTED UP JUST FINE. THE ONLY THING I NOTICED ID THAT THE VOLT METER STARTED FLUXUATING. EVER SINCE THAT HAPPENED MY X KEEPS ON HESITATING AT 1500RPM. HAVE NEW SPARK PLUGS, BUT NO WIRES YET...
  18. S

N97 EXPLORER 4.0 SOHC HESITATION PROBLEM

1. WHEN PUT THE GAS TO THE METAL I HAVE A SUDDEN HESITATION, THEN IT GOES AWAY. SO I GOT UNDER THE HOOD AND REVED THE ENGINE AND NOTICED A RAPID CLICKING SOUND NEAR THE MIDDLE INJECTOR ON THE DRIVER SIDE. 2. ONE DAY I DROVE MY EXPLORER PARKED IT . THE NEXT MORINING I WENT TO START IT AND...
Back