Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. P

Zombie Assault Preparedness Vehicle or ZAPV

Navy. I am here on training orders until late july once I see where i get sent ill buy a car. Im hoping washington I think the offroading up there would be the ****.
  2. P

Hello everyone!!! Its been some time! After leaving for bootcamp I forgot the majority of the websites I used to frequent. I accidentally refound this joint! Sad new, my brother totaled my explorer while i was in basic training :( I am out in California now in San Diego I am however...
  3. P

Help!!! Truck Not starting

Update, after getting my mechanic neighbor to look at it, he deducted it was the starter....and the cables... He didnt have time to help get it started but he gave me some chains and we had my buddies jeep tow me up to a local shop. New terminals and a new starter going on asap. Thanks...
  4. P

I was under the impression starters kind of give you a sign they are going out? Ill try out the smacking the starter if I can find it, anyone got a location on it? To eXcali, my mechanic is one of my friends dad. He usually cuts me deals so Im not worried about being boned on that. Ill...
  5. P

Ok guys I really need some help here My 93 ford explorer is not starting! The lights work when I try to start it, but then it just makes a click, and nothing it doesnt try to rev, or turn over just one solid click and thats it. Is it my battery cables? my positive is corroded to hell and...
  6. P

Checking thermostat?

He did somethings with my engine, said he thought it was the thermostat, I dont question the old man its like arguing with a wall :p: His argument was he didnt see a leak, and when I filled the reservior up after about 30 mins of driving it was empty. He thought it was stuck shut so...
  7. P

Glad to see the ZAPV are still rockin hard out there against the zombie menace remember with the swine flu infecting thousands, they will surely be the first to be infected by the zombies. Keep a sharp eye out.
  8. P

Checking thermostat?

Hey guys been awhile since I posted here. Lately my truck *93 explorer xlt* has been overheating, I had a hose replaced and the problem stopped. during the search for the problem of the overheating my dad mentioned I should change the thermostat atleast once a year, for good measure. I...
  9. P

For ZAPV 24 my name is Jake and so far all I have for modifications are some uniroyal liberator all terrain tires. Once i get my damn tax return Ill be working on my baby some more :D
  10. P

4x4 went out, cant trouble shoot.

Hey guys whats up? been a few weeks since I posted last been crazy busy. Some of you may remember...or not lol but the 4x4 on my 93 explorer is a bit shady, when I got the explorer it didnt work, eventually with my constant clicking of the button the 4x4 started to work again, I assumed the...
  11. P

This is most excellant, the more Zapv's we can get the better prepared we will be.
  12. P

oil pressure sender issues.

Uhm wow to the amount of sludge that oil pan had thats crazy.
  13. P

Good morning

Welcome to the site.
  14. P

Replacing Radius Arm Bushings

Yeah I need to get on this, every week I go to call the mechanic place I run out of money from other stupid **** LOL Its getting done my next paycheck no matter what! I need to do it before I enlist :salute:
  15. P

I need help! Power Driver seat!

Id just get the seats in the position you like, then find the fuse and remove it. but thats just what my first thought is im not sure what else that could effect
  16. P

New Guy Here..

welcome aboard
  17. P

Hows the site coming along?
  18. P

Why Were They Called EXPLODERS?

I can only pray through routine maintenance and tlc my exploder will make it that far.
  19. P

OK 4x4 question, not sure how to explain it exactly.

Yeah thats how I am doing. Nothing is registering though.
  20. P

Thank you guys very much, this site is the best.
  21. P

Sorry just got out of work after 12 hours little tired, I meant to type, yes it makes a clicking noise when I hit the button for the first few times, then it will finally engage. When I read it the first time i thought you had it in a question as in Is it making a clicking noise when you...
  22. P

I should mention that from atleast august to the end of January my 4x4 never worked. *probably much longer then august, the people i bought it from said it didn't work at all* It has just begun to work recently and im not entirely sure...why.
  23. P

Ok so, when I hit my 4x4 I hear clicking and tinkering away in my trunk region *I believe thats where my tansfer case is...im not really sure whats back there* Nothing happens I keep clicking it, and clicking it like 2 mins worth, and my 4x4 will come onand work fine, my drive shaft locks...
Back