Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. dasfinc

The dreaded chain rattle, quick question.

Just updated my post after having realized that I didn't clearly state 4X4 :). I'm no stranger to working in/around vehicles (I've flipped 30+ cars/trucks over the past 10 years as a hobby, including several explorers and rangers, but all 4.0 OHV or 5.0 powered trucks), and when I say this...
  2. dasfinc

Found the part number in the middle one, thank you. I'm still a little hazy on how the Balance Shaft to Crank shaft OR the Jack Shaft to Crank Shaft tensioners even work to be honest... Unless I'm mistaken neither of them could be to blame since they operate soley under spring pressure, and...
  3. dasfinc

More questions: I feel like the rattle is only from the front of the engine since replacing the two cassete tensioners with aftermarket parts. (Will verify later with Mechanics stethoscope) Can I get just the front tensioner (and I assume its also hydraulically assisted, correct)? Whats the...
  4. dasfinc

Follow up question, do aftermarket tensioners have that bad of a history of not being good right out of the box?
  5. dasfinc

I have no problem m shelling out the $5 for the Motorcraft filter, but my follow up question is: the filter I purchased states that it has an anti drain-back valve. So I assume it's just crappy? With it being as intermittent as it is, I'd buy that excuse, but just curious if it's that common.
  6. dasfinc

And yes, I've read the stickies, no mention of intermittent behavior, or what recommended oil filters there are.
  7. dasfinc

I picked up a 99 4.0 SOHC truck on the extreme cheap that had a cold start rattle (the typical tensioner symptom of just a few seconds of loud rattle, then a super minor rattle until warm. Replaced the front and rear cassette tensioners, and a fresh synth blend oil change (albeit a purolator...
  8. dasfinc

explorer express eaton m90 xcharger kit with extras

Is this my old kit? If it is, X2 on the power coming on extremely hard/fast. I dynoed 250hp/300tq on a stock 5.0 with the 5PSI pulley with a ghetto/canned tuned from SNIPER. Pulled like a freighttrain and even once cammed it didn't fall out of boost higher in the RPM range with the 8PSI...
  9. dasfinc

Hub Centric Wheel Spacers 5X4.5, half inch

Sold to GUNITALLREDY
  10. dasfinc

Mild Explorer 5.0 FS

My ranger didn't have A/C so I ditched it. You don't need to run an Idler/Bypass pulley with it removed when using the Supercharger kit ;). You can run A/C with the kit though with a longer belt. I have Belts for it for the 2.0 pulley and 2.3 pulley without A/C at the moment, might have the belt...
  11. dasfinc

Mild Explorer 5.0 FS

That is the price for everything listed in this thread, if purchased with the supercharger kit I'd knock off $400 per our PM's :thumbsup:. All of the hoses are less than 6 months old as well (Water pump, upper and lower rad, heatercore).
  12. dasfinc

For Sale 5.0 V8 Explorer Express Supercharger kit, Tons of Extras!!!

You only need the 5 to be able to afford this :thumbsup:
  13. dasfinc

Buy it then! :thumbsup: Cleared out my inbox!
  14. dasfinc

Big ol' Price drop, $3000 for the full kit with the injectors, fuel pump, wide band, everything, shipped to your door!
  15. dasfinc

I will sell the whole "Kit and Kaboodle" for $3800 (Cammed longblock with supporting mods included): http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=340433
  16. dasfinc

Mild Explorer 5.0 FS

For sale I have a 1998 5.0 V-8 Ford Explorer engine. This engine has some mild mods to it, and was used in my V-8 swapped ford ranger for about 2 years. Motor does not include the intake manifold, otherwise it is a complete long block with all accessories. Details on what is in the...
  17. dasfinc

The Explorer Express X-Charger kit with the original 5PSI pulley was advertised/sold with the understanding that you did not need a tune. I ran the kit for maybe a month with no tune (Problem free) prior to upgrading my injectors and fuel pump (at which point I began learning how to tune on my...
  18. dasfinc

Dual Side Swept Exhaust

Bring it to a local exhaust shop, and tell them what you want. My local cheap 'mexican' place (not being racist, just stereotyping as they were all mexican, and it was called Valasquez), charged me about $400 to do full header-back exhaust including side exit like that.
  19. dasfinc

Hub Centric Wheel Spacers 5X4.5, half inch

Still got these!
Back