Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

The everything Aviator thread.

jd4242 thanks for letting me know about the master reset. i did that earlier today on my aviator and took it for a little ride for about an hour or so. mixed driving streets/highway. advancetrack popped back up after a bit but so far so good. no check engine light. no abs light. truck runs...
  2. R

dml996- you may have just gotten a crappy set of cops like i did. the first set i got from amazon were the eccpp brand ($30 for a set of 8) and they didn't last one day of average driving for me. i think i put on like 80 miles or so that day. mostly stop and go city driving and they failed...
  3. R

update- ordered new coils for the aviator. the coils i bought before that didn't work are the eccpp brand i found on amazon. 30 bucks for a set of 8. those are no good. once the engine gets hot from a full day of start stop city driving they start misfiring like crazy. i put a lot of miles on my...
  4. R

thanks for the quick respose! with the original coils when it misfires its random. if i remember right it lists like all but 2 cylinders as misfire. when i first pulled the packs, the valves listing misfire were the ones that had the most oil in it. not a ton but noticeable we're talking...
  5. R

hopefully there's someone out there who can offer some advice. i picked up a fully loaded 04 aviator 2 months ago for ridiculously cheap. it was burning oil and misfiring when i got it and after inspection found it needed new tube seals. oil was leaking into the spark plug tubes. I replaced...
  6. R

5w-20 dealer oil change

oil dilemma I found this online just now after seeing this site and hearing what everyone was saying about the 'oil switch' according to the following info the 01 explorer should still get 5w30. now if someone can point me to a page that lists whether or not an 03 explorer v6 4.0 flex fuel...
  7. R

anyone know how to replace a gauge cluster?

ok i have a 2003 explorer that ive owned about 6-7 months. i recently had my windshield broken. Rain seeped in and ruined my gauge cluster. every light on mileage/info screen is on. all numbers read 8's. and at night when i have the lights on the gauges flicker and make a weird whizzing...
  8. R

Who knows what vehicles share a 2003 Explorers bolt pattern?

im looking to get some new wheels for my truck. im told the rims off of a lexus rx600 have the same bolt pattern and wanted to know what other vehicles out there have the 5 x 4.5 bolt pattern. anyone know?
Back