Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. Flounder

Custom winch bumper !FINISHED!

Clean! Very nice. Question -- in the background of a couple photos, is that an aircraft tail section?
  2. Flounder

Free: 1996 XLT or 2004 Sport Trac Bulbs

Please PM me your address!
  3. Flounder

XP8 on C&B

Nice share! Although Doug was wrong on the rear headrests. You could extend them vertically.
  4. Flounder

Free: 1996 XLT or 2004 Sport Trac Bulbs

I was cleaning out an old zipper bag in my garage when I realized it contained leftover bulbs from either my 1996 XLT (which was traded in in 2004) or my 2004 Sport Trac (which was sold in the late 2000s). I think, clockwise, they are brake bulbs (3157), maybe glove box or high mount (922LL)...
  5. Flounder

2003 Lariat Super Crew "Husker Larry"

I loved this generation's design! It also reminds me of Matt on here, who had one lit to the surface of the sun with PIAAs.
  6. Flounder

Comment by 'Flounder' in media '20211117_161308.jpg'

Saw your ride in the For Sale section. I had to comment how mint it looks. Great care by your father.
  7. Flounder

Pizza boss said he doesn't want me delivering in my Explorer if it's leaking.

Have you ever been to a SEC football tailgate?
  8. Flounder

For Sale Less 37k 1992 Explorer Sport (1 of 1)

I hope you find a buyer as conscientious as you. This could be a museum piece!
  9. Flounder

Ranger Raptor Will Not Be Sold in US

Let's hope Ford rethinks this. Confirmed: Ford Ranger Raptor Will Not Be Sold in the US
  10. Flounder

2019 Ford Ranger First Look

2019 Ford Ranger First Look: Welcome Home - Motor Trend Finally a suitable replacement for my Sport Trac. I'd love to wait for a 2020 or 2021 Raptor package, but I'll likely jump into an FX4 as soon as possible.
  11. Flounder

Return of the Ranger and Bronco???

I cannot wait for the return of the Ranger. I have come close but stopped to replacing the Trac with the hope that I could stick with a similarly sized Blue Oval truck.
  12. Flounder

Any V8 STA owners in and around Harrisburg PA

If you are in the Pocono Mountains, you might catch a glimpse of Old Man Flounder and his red '08 Adrenalin V8. It is a rust-free garage queen. He sent me this picture about a week ago, with the comment, "Gets me kinds misty! Miles are starting to mount. Time for a bigger 150." So I sent...
  13. Flounder

Dead radio, power widows, guages questions...

Your cluster might be failing. Many 2004 and 2005 clusters seem to be failing now. When it does, you may lose, among other things, your fuel, oil, battery, and engine temp gauges, speedo, and digital odometer. If the solders to, among other things, 12V accessory on fail, you will lose radio...
  14. Flounder

For Sale New Lund Catch-All Premium Floor Mats for 2006-2010 Explorers/Mountaineers - Black

Somehow these survived a garage clean-out. I'll give these to anyone who wants them for the cost of shipping. They only fit Explorers (no Tracs) because of the pin placement in the floor -- unless you want to modify your interior.
  15. Flounder

frusterated insterment cluster or something else

I placed an 05 cluster in my 04 and everything worked (although the new cluster has developed problems like my old cluster). In addition, my truck started without the cluster in it. I couldn't turn on the headlights because the switch and panel were out, but I could otherwise drive it. Of...
  16. Flounder

For Sale (2) Moog K7275 End Link Kits

$15.00? They also make great swords for squirrels who like to duel.
  17. Flounder

Actually, they will. At least in 04 and 05 STs, PATS is not in the cluster. I replaced my first cluster with an 05 cluster with about 3,000 more miles (to keep the DMV happy), which also had issues (but not as many).
  18. Flounder

Ditto. Us 04 and 05 owners seem to have hit the end of life of our clusters. RT Grimm can remedy for substantially less than a new cluster and programming.
  19. Flounder

For Sale (2) Moog K7275 End Link Kits

I ordered these but they did not fit (bolts too short) because I run an Addco sway bar up front, which is thicker than the OEM bar. They then hit the parts cabinet and I forgot about them. I believe these fit 95-01 Explorers, 01-05 Sport Tracs, and 01-03 Sports. $20.00 shipped via FedEx.
  20. Flounder

Adrenalin 255/50R20 to 265/50R20

Has anyone done this? My old man's Adrenalin has 255/50R20 Pirelli's that only got 25,000 miles. I'm looking at 265/50R20 Michelin Premier LTXs as a replacement (better warranty, and seemingly very strong reviews). Has anyone gone a size up? I'm aware that the spare also will need to be...
  21. Flounder

Instrument Cluster Issues

I did the salvage yard replace thing, and it lasted only weeks. I'm removing and sending to RT Grim this week. Right after I replace my left front hub. :)
  22. Flounder

Return of the Ranger and Bronco???

I've been looking for a new vehicle for what seems like years, but never finding something worth giving up my Trac. (I was inches from pulling the trigger on an Xterra before my wife asked me if I wanted to wear her underwear, too.) This will do it.
  23. Flounder

Need help wiring factory fog light switch

Makes sense. So, my suggestion of tapping the two won't work.
  24. Flounder

Need help wiring factory fog light switch

As to 1), why not tap pin 6's wire to pin 3's wire? When the switch is engaged, pin 3's wire should be 12V hot, which, in turn, will illuminate the light. As an aside, I did the same project you are doing, but ran a wire from pin 3, through the firewall, and to the 12V hot wire after the...
  25. Flounder

2005 Sport Trac Adrenilin

A decade or so ago you could purchase them, but I imagine they are long out of old dealer stock.
Back