Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

Explorer transmission, slipping returned after new VB?? Need ideas please

The problem ended up being that I was sent the wrong valve body. The one I was sent had three small holes different than mine that made all the difference. I have since been sent the correct one and once again dropped the pan, took the bath and I'm happy to report that the Explorer is finally...
  2. B

5R55W Solenoid Block Replacement

Just wanted to provide an update to my issues. I also realize I probably should've originally started my own thread for my post. My mistake. Anyways, the reason my car wouldn't budge when I thought I had the right amount of fluid in, turned out to be a faulty trans filter. The "new" one I...
  3. B

Thanks for the response and input. I definitely wouldn't be surprised if it had the other issues you describe as well. I just don't understand how it could go from shifting perfect to slipping after only a VB swap unless it was an issue with the VB. And this was immediately after the swap...
  4. B

Hello. I was hoping you guys could give some suggestions on my Explorer tranny issue as it has stumped my father and I once again. Quick background: My father and I are pretty handy and repair our own cars often, however this is our first venture into the Explorer transmission. 2002...
  5. B

Well it just gets more confusing. After verifying the linkage is fine and double checking the electrical connector, we decided to test the theory that the fluid level is just not high enough to allow shifting. (even though I followed the steps of adding 5-6qts, starting, shifting then...
  6. B

Thanks for the suggestions. The filter appeared completely identical to the one I took out. The o-rings looked good too. I bought this one...
  7. B

Did solenoid pack change and now no shifting at all. Thanks for posting this, it was well done and very helpful. Unfortunately I ran into an issue after the solenoid replacement and was hoping someone might have an idea of what may have went wrong or what I can check. Quick background...
  8. B

Bracket riveted to rear bumper cover

Or if anyone has an old damaged/replaced bumper cover that is too beat up to sell, but the brackets are still good, I'd pay for the passenger side one. thanks
  9. B

Bracket riveted to rear bumper cover

Anyone know where I can get the plastic bracket that is riveted to the rear bumper cover? There is one on each end of the bumper(left and right side) and basically have square openings which fit over the hooks on the part shown below. I need the part that mates with this part shown...
  10. B

Help Changing Rear Differential Fluid

What about just the gasket? What about just getting the cover off to replace the gasket? Is it possible to just get the cover off by leaving the axles in and just unbolting the two "wing-type things" bolted to the frame. And then of course the 10 rear cover bolts? I think I need to replace...
Back