Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. L

half explorer half snowmobile!

I found this cruising ebay it looks like a pretty cool explorer. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Snow-Truck-Track-Truck-Ford-Explorer-tracks-Skis-/220751556108?pt=Other_Vehicles_Everything_Else&hash=item3365d16e0c
  2. L

For Sale GROUP BUY - Synthetic winch line

I sent you a PM on here
  3. L

So are we getting the winch line or not..?
  4. L

Winch plate---Weld or bolt on?

Mine is pretty close to the same, bolted with 1/4" plating welded to the frame on either side for strength.
  5. L

light bar

yeah, one broke off
  6. L

light bar

how about this method?
  7. L

let's see your winch mounts

Two pictures of mine resizing might need to be done..
  8. L

check engine light blinking

Don't just sit there you better blink back
  9. L

2002 Ford Explorer Sport. Tire size question.

Welcome to the forum. Wheels spacers are not needed. There is a section of the forum that has all of that tire stuff posed.
  10. L

Bundy hill trip coming up --SE MI--

The date is 2-13-11. My 4x4 club is going to bundy hill I am pretty sure we will be there the entire day. I am not sure of the park hours but they are on the web site for bundy hill (http://www.bundyhilloffroad.com/). It sound like there will be more than just our club showing up I think we are...
  11. L

Another one bites the dust!

That tree got what it had coming... just standing there in the middle of no where like that.
  12. L

Help!!!.....front driveshaft CV joint problem!!

if you just need to rebuild that stupid little rubber ball locator thing any driveshaft shop should be able to help. I went to the one by my house after only finding one place online to buy it. The guy grabbed it off the shelf and said $10.00 and he even threw it on for me.
  13. L

My truck won't start in the cold!

although the main problem was found don't forget to give those plugs and wires some attention.
  14. L

Truck leans to the left

x2 gangsta lean
  15. L

Best winch for the money

My smittybilt has not failed me yet. You can't be the price for the thing. The synthetic line is nice but keep in mind that the UV light will over time cause damage to the line. If you get synthetic line just try to keep a cover on the thing when your not using it.
  16. L

Bundy Hill OffRoad (South East, MI)

It is a pretty cool place. I am going next month for some snow wheeling!
  17. L

New Southeast Michigan ORV Park

I am going the second weekend in feb.
  18. L

always down for 4wheeln @ the mounds...... text me

The 4x4 club I am in is planning on going wheeling to bundy hill I think the second weekend in feb. if interested. Its not all mud at bundy hill they have other stuff too.
  19. L

Can't decide which suspension to use

I have the rear locker and some nice toyo at tires. My torsion bars suck! If I went ahead and upgraded the torsion bars I would continue to deal with the ball joint problems and hub problems. I have replaced the balljoints and hubs all at the same time and had an alignment done only to encounter...
  20. L

Can't decide which suspension to use

I just got myself a D30 HP from a '97 cherokee which had coils and can't decide what type of spring I should use. I would like something that won't take a month of nothing but fab., something fairly simply (less to go wrong). I am not a person to go rock crawling or into the deep mud. I am more...
  21. L

I need a HEMI tow rig like this

http://swmi.craigslist.org/cto/2158212015.html
  22. L

I have the smittyy 8k also and have been looking at an upgrade for some time now but with these two choices I am not sure how well the smaller would work out.
  23. L

hello from michigan

Welcome to the forum. Problems with the explorer are things I have grown accustomed to myself. With all the the info on here yours should be running in no time. (don't forget to use the search button)
  24. L

97 explorer manual transfer case swap

first thing is first... Research! get a good idea of what your looking at and whats involved. The manual transfer case can be found in : 91-94 explorers 93-97 rangers 02-03 fx4(02) fx4lvl2(03) rangers The front driveshaft you will need can be found in the 95-96 explorers. Sorry about...
Back