Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

The Most DEFACED Ford Explorer EVER :(

This explorer looks terrible. I almost want to gouge my eyes out with a pencil lol
  2. B

Ok gotta boo boo on my bumper

One thing you could try would be to get some detailing compound from autozone or pepboys etc., put it on a microfiber rag and try to buff it out by hand. that could probably eliminate that paint transfer but be careful not to leave it on too long.
  3. B

I want it to hurt!!

Im currently running a 2 12" Memphis PRs on a Phoenix Gold 1100 watt amp in a dual ported box. They definitely hit hard and I get almost too many compliments (and noise violations) on them. I used to have a single 12" then "upgraded" to a Memphis PR 15" sub but I went through 3 15s in the span...
  4. B

Pics of the new 26s I just bought.

if i were you i would go with the black just because youre used to the red already. i like that idea of the two-tone because i was thinking of two-toning mine factory green and silver
  5. B

02-05 Message Center Install?

it should be that hard if the preexisting wiring is there but i was hoping that someone would have done it..
  6. B

02-05 Message Center Install?

I have been looking into doing this project myself for my 03 XLT and it doesnt look like its going to be that much work.. seems like it would be as easy as switching the manual a/c to auto a/c (another project i would like to do)
  7. B

HID fog lights question.

I used to have the Sylvania Cool Blue in my headlights and they really seemed like HID light just a lot weaker.. Its hard to explain but the Cool Blues have no yellow in them whatsoever so they have a really clean look. im in the same situation as you because i put 6000k HIDs in the...
  8. B

door ajar light always on

WD40 always works for me. what works for me the longest though is to use the straw the can comes with to really point it down in the door catch
  9. B

Hid kits cheap

zero- i love those leds but where did you get them? I have tried too many leds over the past month and everytime they are not bright enough or do not fit to answer the cheap hid answer- i ordered the vvme 6000k kit just for my low-beams so i could try them out and see how much i like them...
  10. B

Hid kits cheap

zero- i love those leds but where did you get them? I have tried too many leds over the past month and everytime they are not bright enough or do not fit to answer the cheap hid answer- i ordered the vvme 6000k kit just for my low-beams so i could try them out and see how much i like them...
  11. B

Help hooking up 12" sub

I personally have 2 Memphis 12" subs and I have competed with some of my friends systems and I have been louder than JLs, Rockfords, and Kickers. To me, those are all good brands but when theres a cheaper option that is louder and performs better I would rather choose Memphis all day.
  12. B

My subs keep unplugging from my amp!

I had the same problem when my box would shift around sometimes.. i did what Pandoras is suggesting and took the fork terminals off and just ran the wires straight into the amp. No problems since then :)
  13. B

Lets see your switches!

Here's a picture of my amp kill switch because sometimes you need to ride around without all the bass.. or maybe theres a cop following you lol
  14. B

2005 Explorer Halo Headlights???

I think for the '05s there was a guy on here a while back doing a group buy for halo headlight retrofits.. they would either send you the rings for diy or they could mount them for an extra charge
  15. B

does anybody know where you can buy projector headlights for an 04 explorer?

I dont think they exist either.. ive been looking everywhere and the only 3rd gens I have seen with projectors are ones that people have custom made themselves..
  16. B

LED License and Reverse Lights.. Need resistor?

yea i would love to get the full led taillights but for right now i just picked up some of the led bulbs for the brake lights and hopefully my led reverse lights arrive from ebay soon.. if not, i also picked up some silverstar reverse lights to use in the mean time because the ones i have now...
  17. B

I just installed the license plates light and youre right, the rubber surrounds seem cheaply made and the housing doesnt even fit correctly where the old ones came off. they leave a huge gap in the hole that was originally there and now I have to find a way to seal that gap before water gets in...
  18. B

ok thanks. im going to install them now and see how it looks
  19. B

I just bought 2 of the LPC-W2 license plate lights from superbrightleds.com and 2 24 led reverse lights from ebay. Before I install them is a resistor necessary to keep the lights from flickering? I would hate to install the license plates light and then have them flickering for days until the...
  20. B

HID Failure after one month?

ok, the new ballast arrived yesterday and i was able to install it. everything works once again so now i just need to get some zip ties to fasten down the ballast again.
  21. B

I tried switching the fuses, the four-prong box, and the bulbs and it looks like I need to order a new balance. While I was working on it I did notice that the driver side ballast makes a high-pitched noise while running whereas the passenger side didnt. Is this normal? And I talked the VVME...
  22. B

Ok, I have checked my grounds and the relay is grounded to the battery. Tomorrow I will try to use the ground screw that is located near my battery on the wheel well. My relay is the 4 prong type you are talking about and this is the second one I have bought so in actuality I have two relays...
  23. B

I just bought the VVME 6000k HID set for my explorer and installed it one month ago with a relay harness. Two days ago my passenger side light went completely out and now when I try to start them up, the drivers side works fine but the passenger side lights up very dim then shuts off after about...
  24. B

Do you have pics of your Explorer with custom wheels?

my 03 XLT on 22s. I need to get some new pictures since I put the clear corners on..
  25. B

Rims!

my 03 XLT on 22s. I need to get some new pictures since I put the clear corners on..
Back