Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. A

Front seat movement when using keypad to unlock

Problem solved! I apparently had set my personal keypad entry code (code 1) when the seat position for seat memory 1 setting was all the way forward. I re-programmed seat memory 1 to be the same as memory 3 (my personal seat memory setting) and that resolved it.
  2. A

Thank you. I have already tried disabling the easy enter/exit feature and that did not work. I will check out programming the FOB to the seat memory...I did not realize the keypad would have any relationship to seat memory settings.
  3. A

2017 Limited V6 Whenever I use the outside keypad to unlock, the front seat moves all the way forward, which seems really odd and is very inconvenient. There is no setting that I can find that would control this. Any suggestions? Thank you!
  4. A

Alexa in 2017 Explorer?

Maybe I did not figure it out completely after all. I see now in a Ford video that there is a microphone button on the touchscreen in the Ford+Alexa app. I have no such microphone in my Ford+Alexa app.
  5. A

Alexa in 2017 Explorer?

I have *finally* figured this out! I did not realize that you must not only activate the 'Ford+Alexa' app on your phone but you must also use the 'Amazon Alexa' app on your phone to make "Alexa" requests. I was under the assumption that once you activate the 'Ford+Alexa' app and you activate...
  6. A

Alexa in 2017 Explorer?

I have never gotten mine to work. What kind of phone do you have?
  7. A

Alexa in 2017 Explorer?

I think I found out why this is not working....my phone is an LG Phoenix 2 which per the Ford Owner website does not have Applink compatibility.
  8. A

Alexa in 2017 Explorer?

And if I just say "Alexa", Sync returns with "No USB devices detected". What does Alexa have to do with a USB device in this situation? Flakey to say the least.
  9. A

Alexa in 2017 Explorer?

As I stated above, when I say "Alexa, what time is it?", I get the standard response from SYNC when it does not understand what I am saying.
  10. A

Alexa in 2017 Explorer?

All permissions are granted. If I say "Go Alexa" after turning on the Sync 3 mic from the steering wheel, the response I get is something to the affect of "There are no USB devices detected". I can activate the Alexa app from the "Apps" screen on the display, but then when I say "Alexa, what...
  11. A

Alexa in 2017 Explorer?

I am pretty sure I have done all these things and still nothing, but I will verify when I get in the car again.
  12. A

Alexa in 2017 Explorer?

Thanks Peter. Done.
  13. A

Alexa in 2017 Explorer?

I have downloaded the Ford+Alexa app to my Android phone, then signed in to my Amazon account on that app, and Sync 3 does sees the Ford Alexa app, but Alexa does not seem to respond after I depress the talk switch and say an Alexa command. Any suggestions? Has anyone gotten this to work on a...
  14. A

Wanted Garage door spacers; bed cover.

If you still have not found a solution to the missing spacers, a machine screw will work. Find the suitable sized machine screw to fit into the uprights in the cover and then thread it in. You will have to experiment with what size and length screw to use so it presses on your garage door opener.
  15. A

overhead compartment for garage door opener

If you still have not found a solution to the missing spacers, a machine screw will work. Find the suitable sized machine screw to fit into the uprights in the cover and then thread it in. You will have to experiment with what size and length screw to use so it presses on your garage door opener.
  16. A

2003 overhead console

<deleted>
  17. A

2005 XLT 4.0L: Throttle Body Cleaning

I ended up removing the TB...very easily done. The back side had a fair amount of buildup on it, so I am glad I went the extra step. Seems to idle smoother now.
  18. A

Thanks. Do I have to remove the throttle body? I read or saw somewhere that you can mess up the inner workings of the throttle body if you open the butterfly while still attached. True?
  19. A

I want to clean the throttle body on my 205 XLT 4.0l V6 -- does it have a mechanical throttle body or electronic? Any tips or suggestions for cleaning it? Seems pretty straight forward. Thanks!
  20. A

2005 horn -- hard to find quickly!

That may work for some but I'd rather not risk getting someone angry at me on the road...too many road rage incidents start that way. YMMV...
  21. A

2005 horn -- hard to find quickly!

Is anyone else annoyed by how hard it is to honk the horn on a 2005 Explorer? Luckily, I don't need to honk it very often, but when I do, by the time I find the spot on the steering wheel to press, it's too late and the situation that happened warranting me to honk the horn has passed.
  22. A

Driver's side power lock not working

Awesome. How hard of a job is it to remove the door panel and the install the new actuator?
  23. A

Did you get it fixed at a Ford dealer or someone else? Seems too cheap for a Ford dealer.
  24. A

I have not found a solution to this. My lock button no longer moves at all. From what I've read elsewhere, the lock's actuator is probably bad and would need to be replaced, which I'm not willing to mess with. I'm getting in the habit of manually locking the door before I get out and...
  25. A

I've got a 2005 Explorer XLT. Recently, I discovered that my driver's side power lock is not working, or at best is intermittent. Manually locking and unlocking the door works fine. If I toggle the lock button (on the driver's side arm rest) between locked and unlocked a bunch of times...
Back