Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. A

98 4x4 sport auto e brake not engaging

Just an update I replaced the shoes and the e brake works amazing. I had no pad left on ANY of the shoes lol. Also, I found a screw in our garage drawers and it fit perfect. Now my shifter works amazing! Also went and got my coolant washed, and oil changed and it runs so much better. Only thing...
  2. A

Well mines a 98. And they're located pretty much at the base of the shifter behind the dash. I'm missing aa screw and can see it pivoting.
  3. A

Alright thanks. And where can I find the torx bolt for the automatic gear shifter bracket, the little gold colored ones. I'm missing one and putting my sport into park is a chore.
  4. A

I took off the wheels and looked and couldn't see anything. Do I need to remove the rotors to view the shoes?
  5. A

For some reason the e brake is not engaging when pressed. I crawled under the car and both cables are moving about 1-1.5 inches but the car still rolls. Is there a DIY out there ffor replacement? I have disc brakes btw.
  6. A

01 auto tranny fit in 98?

Anyone else have any input?
  7. A

I can't get the shifter into 2 or 1. Like it's just phyiscally impossible. I can't always get it to go into lark when I stop either. I have to turn the car off, then jiggle it to get it to go into park, but most of the time this doesn't work and I sturggle for minutes trying to keep it ffrom...
  8. A

I'm having a hard time getting my 230k auto tranny on my explorer sport into park, and it wont even go into 2 or 1. Will a 01 tranny plug and play on my 98?
  9. A

Help!!! Oil drain plug stuck!!!

just tried it. no go
  10. A

Help!!! Oil drain plug stuck!!!

First off It's a 2002 F150. I attempted to change my oil today (I'm no novice I've done it a billion times) and when I was tightening the plug back I must have cross threaded it because it would not tighten. Then I tried to back it out and it wouldnt go that way either. It just spins both...
  11. A

No Reverse, terrible grinding sound, 5 speed

Ok well i got stuck in the snow yesterday so i put the truck in reverse to try to get out and the tires spun and then BANG!!! no reverse. i can literally pull my foot all the way off the clutch and nothing will happen. if i rev it up there is a horrible clanking/ grinding noise that seems to...
  12. A

Problem and solution with bleed clutch.

ok i cant even figure out how to get the damn black clip off that is on the top of the clutch pedal assembly. please help!
  13. A

Turning off that annoying seats belt chime

I cant seem to get this to work. after the second set of 9/3 unbucklings the light does not come back on
  14. A

door ajar ding

i recently replaced the gueges in my 99 sport with some reverse glow gauges from ebay. Since the installation, every time i start up the truck for about a minute straight it repeatedly dings in the same sound that the truck makes when it is running and you open up the door. any body have any...
  15. A

34 inch tires

Anybody know what the metric equivalent to a 34 inch tire would be with 15 inch wheels? i want to move up in size but 35 is to big and i want to go bigger than 33
  16. A

Which spindles?

I cant seem to figure out exactly which lift spindles i need. i have a 1999 sport 2wd and the link on the spindle lift thread doesnt show them for my vehicle. help!
  17. A

1st and 3rd gen taillights on 2nd gen?

hello my fellow enthusiasts, just wondering if anyone knows if i could fit a 1st gen or 3rd gen sport taillight on my 99 sport? or maybe even an early 2nd gen?
  18. A

How to: $32 Spring Over Axle Conversion - SOA

lol ok. so would any type of welder work?
  19. A

Spindle Lift for '96 newer Explorers

Anybody know if the procomp spindles will fit my '99 Sport? the jc whitney page says it wont
  20. A

Is there any specific type of welder i would need? Also, how hard would it be because i have no experience with welding
  21. A

quick question dannyboy, is there any welding involved? My bosses friend was willing to help me with this but said i would have to weld on the perches but he wanted me to pay a hefty sum.
  22. A

SOA conversion

does anyone here know if i could fit 34inch tires with a soa conversion in the back and a 3 inch spindle lift with a tt in the front? and if so would i need to regear? and for anyone who lives nearby who may be willing to help me out with the soa how much would you charge?
  23. A

5.0 convert to manual

Me and Supraman have been considering converting our 99 and 00 sports to the 5.0. If we do though we would like to keep the same manaual tranny from our ohv's. how much/difficult would it be to convert it to the mazda 5 speed?
  24. A

New Gears

Not sure we can negotiate. I would like to get around $700 but maybe we can work something out
  25. A

ac not working on high

well about 2 months ago my ac stopped working but only on high. everything is fine on the first three levels then i turn it up to the 4th one and nothing. it just turns off. anybody know what this could be??
Back