Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. K

air conditioning help

thank you very much it only took 17 posts and comments to get to a resonable answer. i'll do that. again thank you Alan_V.
  2. K

air conditioning help

you guys are rediculous. do you really help anyone with your random answers? (in a sarcastic voice:) "well my 87 used 6.2 lbs of nitrous freon so you'll probably have to use 15lbs of computer duster, convert your system to the canadian specs, do 25 push ups and you should be good. Oh and don't...
  3. K

air conditioning help

do you guys even read the post before commenting? it would probably help before you did.i have already emptied and retrofitted the r12 fitting with r134 fitting. my question is HOW MUCH REFRIGERENT DOES A 92 EXPLORER TAKE WHEN COMPLETELY EMPTIED. HOW MANY OZ. HOW MANY OF THE DIY CANS DOES IT...
  4. K

air conditioning help

yeah my truck still had the R12 fittings on there, but anyway i dont know how much of the r12 was in there before also i had to put o rings behind the compressor cause there were none and it was leaking from there so im completely empty and its been that way for a while how long i dont know i...
  5. K

air conditioning help

well plus i just converted from the R-12 freon to the refrigerant R134a system yesterday just replace some fittings thats it so just so you know there still are the rare veichles that have the old system still in place.
  6. K

air conditioning help

okay but that doesnt answer the question.
  7. K

air conditioning help

how much frion or R-134a goes into a 92 explorer for a completely empty system.
  8. K

need some help

the dash light for the rear antilock brakes are on and i am wondering what the issue is. what is causing it to be on and how do i remedy this issue. any help will be greatly appreciated. thanks. :dunno:
  9. K

help

nope, thanks though
  10. K

help

anyone know the bolt size for the bolts on a 92 exhaust manifold
  11. K

Help please!!

I need to know the bolt length, thread pitch and the head size of the bolts attaching the exhaust manifold to the head please and thank you KEN
  12. K

general question on a rebuild/replacement

well im not gonna scrap the engine i just wanted to know if i could clean all that rust out of there easily or what i even had to do if anything to do it thanks for a reply though, and could i use the flush stuff with everything off the enginie? im down to the case.
  13. K

so I tore it all apart piece by piece this last week and i got down to the heads and cylinder area there is a **** ton of rust build up that was causeing the gasket to become plug up i guess since 92 when the owner bought the truck, anyway he ran water the whole time instead of coolant so its...
  14. K

I am dismantling the engine in my 92 ex to replace the head gaskets and just to do an over all assessment of the truck since i just recently bought it and im having some issues. what im wondering is if i need to take off the water pump to get to the heads ive read the chilton book and im not...
  15. K

4x4 problems

post about your truck in your own thread. you thread thief.:p:
  16. K

uhhh help

@$#%!! $$$$$!!!! Well thank you for the horrible news. LOL from what you guys described is excactly what is going on. There are bubbles and it overflows and there is white exhaust. so how then do I replace a head gasket is it an easy DIY fix or is it mechanic time. Also thanks for the quick...
  17. K

uhhh help

i am having a problem with my radiator. it is leaking coolant from either around the raditator cap it self or the reserve tank inlet hose i have already replaced the radiator cap and put on hose clamps around the top and bottom of the reserve tank hose. still leaking and the radiator is sucking...
  18. K

tachometer problem

yeah i read that thread and feel the same about pulling the dash apart for something that really doesnt affect anything but looks. i dont want to get into more trouble lol
  19. K

tachometer problem

i dont think it would be a temperature sensor problem cause it idles fine its just the tach. reads its idleing at 3500, no idleing problems. so from my understanding the idle air temp senor reads the incoming air temp and controls the idle from that reading, which has nothing to do, it seems...
  20. K

tachometer problem

My tachometer stays up at about 3500rpm and doesnt move until i get it up passed 3500 its stuck there but when i turn off the engine it goes to zero. I have no idleing problems. what's up??
  21. K

4x4 problems

So I have a 92 xlt 5 spd manuel trans with automatic 4x4.The 4x4 button doesnt work no light no engageing of anything so as far as i can tell the motor doesnt work but im not exactly sure. I went under to the TC and took off the shift motor and looked at it nothing seemed wrong with the motor...
  22. K

Comment by 'k4e2n01234' in media 'Tcase11'

I've personally taken this apart and this part right here trying to get back together.....not fun not easy but what i did to make it easier(because you have to but the little metal squares back in hthe plastic slot on top of the springs) but what you do is put the spring in slide the metal...
Back