Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

Part Number for Middle U-Joint

Anyone have the part number for the inner (middle) u-joint on the pass. side drive shaft? I think that mine is toast and want to replace it, just need to make sure that I get the right one. Hoping to do this without taking out the drive shaft too as I need to get in the pumpkin to do that...
  2. B

Noise coming from truck at hard acceleration.

This sounds like what I am going thorughh with my '94 right now. When I am accelerating there is a whir/electric motor noise. As soon as I let up it fades to almost nothing. If I push on the gas the noise comes right back. If anyone know what this is or has anymore questions, let me know I've...
  3. B

Reprograming 94 keyless entry remote

Any pics? This thread is dead on for what I need to do, but I need to know exactly which connector in the compartment is the one that i am looking for. I have a whole bunch of them back there, but none of them have two wires. If anyone has a pic or can give a detailed description of what it is...
  4. B

Transfer Kit Rebuild Instructions

I've been told that my transfer case is starting to go bad at 130,000 miles. It makes a kind of whine and rub noise when moving. If I put the car in neutral there is no noise when revving the engine and it drives perfectly, no gear slippage. Soooo..... I am going to get a used one off ebay...
  5. B

Lights for brushguard - PIAA 40 Series

I want to get some offroad lights to mount in my brush guard. I am pretty sure that I am gonna get the 40 series PIAA's. I have a couple of questions though for those that have had them. Should I get the fogs or the driving lights. They are going to mounted in the middle of the brushguard...
  6. B

Help my rear driver side lug nut stud sheared off

I sheared one off the exact same way that you describe except I noticed the truck was swaying in the rear from side to side...at 80 MPH going down the freeway to school. Pulled over and one was gone and the other four were loose enough to take off with my fingers. I tightened the other four...
  7. B

my little brother's Rx7!!

Maybe I missed something here, but didn't the first post say NON Turbo?
  8. B

Alignment Bushings

Do the lift then get it aligned...you may not need the bushings, if you do, the shop that does the alignment should be able to get them. Dave
  9. B

Parking brake: should I try it?

Maybe I missed something here...but you have a dually Explorer? I mean dually like a dually pickup. If you do, could you take a pic and post it? Dave
  10. B

how tough is rhino lining?

My herc'ed brushguard has been put through a Chicago winter and come out unscathed... My rockers are also in the same condition they were the day I herc'ed them (except for a little fade from UV)... I am going to do the wiper arms and roof rack in the next couple of weeks. Dave
  11. B

Installed Shackles and Spacers today

Nope, they're close enough that it doesn't bother me. If it was way off then I would do something about it.
  12. B

It's aligned. It took my mechanic about 2.5 hours of messing with it to get it right but the wheels are now straight up and down instead of angled like they were. Looking at the numbers, it was really out of alignment. I think that eventually I will have to get AAL's too, but I don't want...
  13. B

Install your own camber bushing?

Never mind, mods can delete this... Thanks
  14. B

Install your own camber bushing?

I just did the coil spacer lift and my front wheels now sit like this \ / . It's in the shop to get an alignment now, but I was quoted about $500 to install new camber bushings if it needs them (labor and parts). I don't have that kind of money and I was wondering if it is possible to install...
  15. B

I put mine with the bar up. It doesn't seem to have hindered them at all... It's in for the alignment now... I may have to swap the sides that I put the spacers on if the camber is off too much. I put the left on the right and the right on the left per the recommendation from the...
  16. B

I was able to just drop the suspension and let the spring fall out. When you put the nylon bushing on hold it up to the lower part of the spring to get it to fit right and then get someone to jack up the suspension so that the bolt comes through. That way the bushing will properly seat itself...
  17. B

I installed my Warrior shackles and spacers today. I have some pics of after ward that I will try to get up as soon as I can. I am very stoked about this as I now have my truck where I have wanted it to be for a long time... Now all I need are some sliders to protect the rockers and I...
  18. B

Doug's Fun with herculiner

If those hole are the same size as the ones used to mount the tupperware, then go to the local hardware store and 5/16" nylon grommets and plug them with those. Makes it look like rivets under the herculiner. That's what I used to fill up mine when I herculined my rockers. Dave... P.S...
  19. B

HOLDING ME BACK

Call the Plano store of 4Wheel Parts Wholesalers and ask for Nick. Tell him that you are a member of this board and ask if you can still get the 10% discount off purchases because you are a member of this board. I ordered tires and wheels and shackles from him last month and got the...
  20. B

Speedo Gear Part Number

I only drove a short bit with the new gear, but it seemed to be working correctly. I'll try and speed test it today with my brother by pacing him. If the grey one seems to give me any trouble, I will trim the shaft on it to be the same as my pink gear. Thanks for the help. Dave
  21. B

Speedo Gear Part Number

The original one that I had is pink. I got the grey one and put it in my 4x4, as that is the only one that the dealer listed and had in stock. It seems to turn the gear properly. I don't know if it's correct yet, as I can't tell until I am able to drive on the highway. It seems to be showing a...
  22. B

Speedo Gear Part Number

In this thread, Dead Link Removed Robert posted parts number for the speedo gears. My dilema is that I pulled a pink (19 tooth) gear out of my truck, but I have an automatic. I would like to know from someone that has done this, what the correct part number is for an 18 tooth gear to go...
  23. B

Safest way to remove carbon buildup

I only put premium in once in a blue moon because it burns hotter (or so I thought)... This reminds me, I have to put in a bottle of Fuel System cleaner too... I'll have to try the SeaFoam sometime, maybe before I change the O2 sensors... Thanks
  24. B

Safest way to remove carbon buildup

I like to drive mine with a tank of premium at about 75 to 80 for a while...seems to work well for me...
Back