Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

Gas tank/fuel pump - 02 Explorer xlt 4x4.

why are they saying you need to replace the fuel pump?
  2. M

Fuel Cap Light

Ntsb Yes, you file a complaint about the problem you are having with the vehicle. They say once they reach a certain number of complaints their engineers with investigate it and them recall the vehicles for the problem. I need to go ahead and have mine fixed and just keep the receipt...
  3. M

Check Gas Cap & Hard to Put Gas In

You misunderstood BigV, it's Ford Motor that is offering to pay half. Ford has a system for defects that have not been verified as safety related. They basically rate you based on the number of Ford vehicles you have purchased. I have own a mustang within the past 10 years which is why Ford...
  4. M

Slow Fuel Fill Problem

DBray6- completely over my head but I'm printing what you said for good old dad to look at. He took my 94 mustang apart to replace the blown head gasket the year before Ford was forced to recall it........surely he can figure this out???
  5. M

Check Gas Cap & Hard to Put Gas In

I have a 2005 Ford Explorer, at first it was the check gas cap light coming on. I replaced that at least 3 times and had the dealership reset the code each time. Then I started having trouble putting gas in it but it was inconsistant and I thought it was just the different gas stations. This...
  6. M

Fuel Cap Light

That's just the beginning of your problems It starts with that nagging check cap signal......... I have a 2005 Ford Explorer, first it was the check cap signal; replaced that thing 3 times and had Ford reset the computer for me. Then I started having trouble getting gas in it but it was...
  7. M

Can not fill the fuel tank

I have a 2005 Ford Explorer, started having trouble getting gas in it but it was inconsistant and I thought it was just the different gas stations. About a month ago it started shutting off every 10 seconds while I was trying to fill it up and/or gas would start to come back out while it was...
  8. M

Slow Fuel Fill Problem

I have a 2005 Ford Explorer, started having trouble getting gas in it but it was inconsistant and I thought it was just the different gas stations. About a month ago it started shutting off every 10 seconds while I was trying to fill it up and/or gas would start to come back out while it was...
  9. M

can't get gas in my tank...

Back