Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. K

Explorer/Mountaineer Ford Repair Book Reference

Thanks for the info. I plan on giving this a try in about a month. I will be off for a week. I will keep ya'll updated. Maybe even do "how to". :D
  2. K

Yeah sorry I wasn't more descriptive on my request......I knew that it only had one bolt, but what did I have to remove to get to it was more of the question that I have. Does it say what has to go to get to it?
  3. K

1996 XLT Aftermarket Radio Installation

Ok, I did this about a year ago.....get the amp bypass harness that hooks up at the amp in the right rear quarter panel. The speaker wires are long enough to run back the head unit. You will have to correct me if I am wrong that the kit comes with a antenna extension, if not you will have to get...
  4. K

nssj2, can you look up the replacement of the Oil Cooler and tell me what has to be done to remove it and put it back on? I am pretty sure that I am going to have to take some other stuff off in order to get to it. Thanks
  5. K

1996 Explorer 5.0 Oil Adapter Leak

Ok, I called another dealership and they said that yes they do have the O rings separate. Wonder why my neighbor said that they didn't sell them separate? Anyway, here are the part numbers in case anyone needs them in the future. FOTZ6749B - Bolt O ring ($0.93) F6TZ6L621AA - Block O ring ($5.57)
  6. K

You wouldn't happen to have the part numbers would you? That would make it easier. Especially since they are telling me that the O rings come with the adapter kit only. Thanks
  7. K

Sorry to keep beating this.........check out this thread. Isn't number 23 a different O ring other than the one that would go against the block? Though I don't see another O ring in the exploded view. http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2093774
  8. K

So, I should have an O ring for the adapter plate that mounts to the actual block and one for the bolt that screws into the block? Are there anymore, besides the one between the oil filter and the adapter? If I am going to take it off, I might as well replace them all. Thanks
  9. K

Update.......my neighbor works in the parts department at a Ford dealership, and he looked it up and they do not sell just the o rings for the adapter. They come as a kit with the adapter itself. I am not paying $560 for some o rings. Can anybody help me out here with what I need to get at the...
  10. K

Cruise Control Switch

Nevermind.......search and ye shall find. http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=176209&highlight=cruise+control+switch
  11. K

Cruise Control Switch

Has anyone replaced the cruise control switch on the steering wheel? The outside cover has broken away. Cruise will still work, but you have to play with it to get it to come on. Do you have to take the steering column and wheel apart to replace it?
  12. K

My wife's explorer has approximately 170k miles on it and has been leaking oil for the past 50k miles. Everything is pretty gunked up on the drivers lower side of the engine but I am fairly certain that the oil leak is coming from the oil adapter. I have checked and it is not the heads. Anyway...
Back