Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. W

no reverse on new tranny

My opinion would be to tell Mikus that your bringing your Explorer to him to have him fix the new rebuild transmission which he sold you that is having a delayed reverse problem. This is not meant to be a smart ass answer but he should have a warranty for the transmission he sold you and you've...
  2. W

Solved Transmission Band Adjustment Specification Chart

Yes, it means [U]exactly two turns (720 degrees) back/out.
  3. W

5R55W: How to test valve body and PCM

Brooklyn Bay thanks for the reply unfortunately I do not have the test plates you mentioned. Background: The vehicle belongs to my son who took it to the Ford dealer who said without any road test, diagnostic test, or any other type of evaluation told him the transmission needed to be...
  4. W

5R55W: How to test valve body and PCM

This is a follow-up to my posting in "sticky": 5R55W Solenoid Body Replacement w/photos. After replacing the solenoid block my tranny is still having shift problems between 2nd-3rd. The tranny is acting up. O/D light flashing and slow/very difficult shifting from 2nd to 3rd. Checked the codes...
  5. W

What's the difference with the various 5R55 transmissions?

What's the difference in transmissions? This is directly from the ATSG Manual. The Ford 5R55S and 5R55W transmissions are both very similiar in design to the Ford 5R55N transmission and use electronic shift controls. The 5R55s/5R55w are both "Syncrounous" units, as they do not use the...
  6. W

5R55W Solenoid Block Replacement

5R55W Shifting Problems I know this is an old thread but this site has helped when I replaced my solenoid block, replaced trans filter, flushed trans fluid, adjusted bands, and installed an external filter so I'm asking for help with my problem. I'm having the same problems as "mikesphoto"...
  7. W

Low/Reverse Band B2, Thanks for the welcome and rapid response. Since there is no Low/Reverse Adjustment Stud, is there any type of adjustment or check to verify correct Low/Reverse band adjustment/operation? I'm assuming that the Low/Reverse Servo Assembly actuates the Low/Reverse Band. Is...
  8. W

5R55W Band Adjustment Not to hijack this thread but I have a 2002 Explorer 4.0 4WD with a 5R55W transmission. I know the procedures to adjust the Overdrive and Intermediate Bands. What I would like to know is there a need and procedure to adjust the Low/Reserve Band. I have the ATSG 5R55W...
Back