Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

B4000 vs. Ranger Cruise Controls switches?

Guys my 2002 Mazda B4000 cruise controls switches that are on the steering wheel are toast. Wondering if anybody knows whether or not the switches for the Ranger would work on the B4000? Thanks.
  2. D

HELP! Squeeky Front Suspension???

It is most likely the balljoint. It was for sure on mine. Glad I didn't do it. Watched the guy do it and its not an easy job especially if you don't have the proper tools!
  3. D

Got under it and it is the lower ball joint that's squeaking. Does the knuckle have to come off to replace it? From the looks of one of the threads I saw it appears it does. Big job? Can it be done in 2 hours? :eek:
  4. D

Thanks again for your advice! Really appreciate it. Was saying I would change it all because I thought it would be easier than messing with the BJ replacement only plus would be getting new bushings in the arms too. Not easier to replace it all? We have Autozone here too. Thanks again. :)
  5. D

Thanks. Think I'm just gonna replace both the upper and lower control arms with the ball joints in them. That way I'll get the bushings too. Truck has 269,000 miles on it and quite honestly think she's still riding on the originals. How difficult is it to replace the whole thing? Any tips...
  6. D

Checked Rockauto and that problem solver ball joint. They list a standard one and an oversized one. Any way of determining which one I need without having to pop old one out and measuring the ID of the hole? There was also a special tool it mentions in the tech bulletin that is attached to the...
  7. D

Thanks for the suggestion. Will get under it and have somebody bounce on it and see if I can pinpoint. :)
  8. D

Guys my '03 ST has developed a squeak in the front suspension. :( Hear it almost all the time especially after getting a couple of loads of mulch yesterday. When I push up and down on the front bumper I can hear it on the passenger side front. Sounds like a dry bushing kinda sound. Any ideas...
  9. D

03 ST 4.0 - Goin on 4 longblocks!!!!

Believe me if it wasn't for the truck being my wife's I would do more than burn it to the ground!! Let this be a lesson to anyone that reads this thread, NEVER buy an engine or tranny with a cap on the labor or parts! NEVER! That's part of what this has been about not to mention not buying...
  10. D

Thanks Don. Taking it to a shop tomorrow to have a compression test and fuel pressure test done...

Thanks Don. Taking it to a shop tomorrow to have a compression test and fuel pressure test done and see what that reveals. Guy said he'd just charge me $75 to do it. Since I don't own a gage to do the compression test nor the fuel pressure I gotta take it in.
  11. D

Not a constant miss. Intermittent and most often when under a load or when stopped at a light. The scanner read the cylinder contribution as having 5 of the 6 cylinders jumping all over the place especially #4 and #1 . Gonna take it to a shop tomorrow for a compression test and hopefully...
  12. D

Thanks again Don. Mine is an '03 Sport Trac. Will see what the fuel pressure test reports...

Thanks again Don. Mine is an '03 Sport Trac. Will see what the fuel pressure test reports. One guy said to do a compression test/leak down. You think that would be worth the time?
  13. D

Put brand new coil on and miss was gone for a few days but is back worse than ever. Put another new coil on and no change. Gonna put a fuel pressure gage on it next I guess to see what that reflects. Any other suggestions? Put it on a high dollar Snap On analyzer and while on the cylinder...
  14. D

Thanks for the reply Don. Put brand new coil on it and for a few days the miss was gone then it...

Thanks for the reply Don. Put brand new coil on it and for a few days the miss was gone then it started to come back and has progressively gotten worse. Put it on a high dollar Snap On analyzer and during the cylinder contribution test the cylinders were all over the place with #4 being the...
  15. D

Possibly. The wires are brand new Motorcrafts. Put them on at engine change #3 . ;)
  16. D

Saw your excellent posts to the timing chain rattle how-to a few years ago and wondered how long...

Saw your excellent posts to the timing chain rattle how-to a few years ago and wondered how long I should expect the dealer to charge me to time the chains if that is what's determined to be what's causing the miss in my new long block. I'm on my 4th long block and it has a miss in it when...
  17. D

You know I heard that very thing from the tranny guy that put his reader on it and told me it had a #4 misfire. If coil doesn't fix it, how labor intensive is it to retime the cams? I'm now on a parts only warranty but maybe, just maybe I can get the rebuilder to eat the labor to retime...
  18. D

I hope it's the coil, too. Bought a brand new Motorcraft coil on eBay for $50. Will put it on either way. Truck has 269,000 miles on it so coil is probably worn out. Thanks.
  19. D

Hoping its just something simple like the coil. Looks like I can get a Motorcraft coil for around $50-80 on eBay and Rock Auto if that's what is causing the misfire. Happens especially on a slight incline under a small load.
  20. D

I'm about to! Hell I go out there this morning and checked around and found the coolant recovery tank bone dry and the radiator a few inches below full! Filled it back up and drove it around and it didn't suck that up. Miss is still there though. Still gonna take it back to the dealer today...
  21. D

Well got it back and engine #4 has a misfire in #4 cylinder. Will it ever end! Any ideas on what to check first on a #4 misfire? Going back to dealer Monday for them to make sure they seated everything and its all tight before I go back to the rebuilder AGAIN and wind up having to pay a...
  22. D

94 Mazda B4000 4.0 Belt Tensioner????

Will do. Thx! :thumbsup:
  23. D

I'd think they would be the same. The part I saw that is like my 2 bolt type was off of a Ford dealer's website. Also think I saw FoMoCo on the old one.
  24. D

Maybe there's something different about a 94 model 4.0. The picture on dealer's websites clearly shows the 2 bolt model. Really weird.
  25. D

Wish I could post a pic but my son has already taken off in it. I can see the 2 bolt type on a dealer's website where they sell parts on-line but all of the aftermarket ones show a pic of the typical 1 bolt type where there's like a peg on the back that slips into a slot and keeps it from...
Back