Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Truxxx lift kit?

man it looks fabulous. But i like mine lifted since i live in an area surrounded by sand dunes. having those 24s installed, i'll not even go 2 meters in sand.
  2. S

Truxxx lift kit?

when you installed the 24s, did you use any lowering kit? can you post pics of the car with 24s?
  3. S

Truxxx lift kit?

the min distance in the back tires= less than inch the min distance in the front tires= less than inch so dont risk and take bigger.
  4. S

Truxxx lift kit?

(lost photo) check this Album. Two lifted explorer the black has stock tires (245/65/R17). The green has bigger tires (265/70/R17).
  5. S

Truxxx lift kit?

BTW .. to see the difference between different tires please follow the link: http://www.1010tires.com/TireSizeCalculator.asp
  6. S

Truxxx lift kit?

hey renz ... I've just installed the kit last night. It is awesome i feel high :) the next step would be the tires which i chose to be Cooper Discoverer STT 265/70/17 i dont think you need spacers.
  7. S

Ordered Magnaflow Cat-Back

Did you install it? If yes .... how is the sound now? any performance gain? can you upload the pictures? thank u.
  8. S

Traction control

The ABS fuse is#6 ... can be found in the fuse box under the hood.
  9. S

Skid Plate Project

Yes ... i have photo please check below:
  10. S

Skid Plate Project

Dear All, I had a very difficult time setting up the skip-plate. I have ended up by a U-shaped metal that protects the radiator. Please put your initiatives, prototypes and ideas here to end-up with a good result. Yours,
  11. S

All after market suspension!

that would be great .... aftermarket of explorer is not even moderate it is minimal.
  12. S

Traction control

just remove the fuse i think it is called ABS bump. When i want to go up-hill the car will stop .... yes the breaks will be applied.
  13. S

cross axle test - 2009

mine is 4x4. Open Differential. the car was going up smoothly.
  14. S

cross axle test - 2009

please check this video where traction control is put to the test.
  15. S

Truxxx lift kit?

Dear taboo686, 265/70 18 -> 32.6" diameter 265/70 17 -> 31.9" diameter ------------------------------ -> the difference is less than 1 in. dubaiexplorer mentioned that the maximum size for 17 in. rims is 265/70 if you go any bigger the tire will rub. So if the sport trac and...
  16. S

Skid plate

Dear All, please join me in my "Skid Plate" project. Click Here thnx.
  17. S

2008 Explorer 4.0 SC kits

Dear kj217, Do you have any updates?
  18. S

Running Boards YES?/NO?

Yes sand accomodates on the running boards but I wash my car directly after sand bashing.
  19. S

Running Boards YES?/NO?

I wanted to say that with the running boards installed, you'll not loose clearance since the frame of the car is at the same level of the running boards. Anyway, for me I drive on sand not on rocks so I don't have any reason to remove them. For rock crowlers, removing'em might be a good choice.
  20. S

Truxxx lift kit?

Sorry cannt helpya cuz I didn't recieve mine yet. I contacted truxxxxxx since they sent it to the wrong address. After one month, they said that they will ship it again or give me my money back.
  21. S

Running Boards YES?/NO?

in the 2006+ xplorer, the running board is not affecting the off road capabilities since it is at the same level on the chassis. if you want to remove it, the only thing might be the look.
  22. S

Truxxx lift kit?

Neuor: it looks fanulous. Enjoy!
  23. S

4.0 V6 intake kits? Is KKM the only one?

Hi there, what will you gain from this? Does it increase performance? How many HP? Does it void the warrenty? Thnx.
  24. S

Skid Plate Project

I'll have the skid plate re-designed. I'll update the thread later.
  25. S

Truxxx lift kit?

@neuor: congrats. For the new kit. Can u upload a picture from the side? Or a lower picture so that we see how much is it lifted.
Back