Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. dansnyder22

engine swap - now having accessory electrical issues

just finished swapping a 1993 motor and trans (manual if it matters) into a 1991. along with the engine, accessory and dash harness. now the motor runs fine but when you turn the heater on the dash lights come on. and the blinkers make the dash lights blink, some wire is crossed somewhere...
  2. dansnyder22

anyone in utah wanna go up to inspiration point

hey, just wondering if anyone around Utah wants to make a run up to inspiration point. for those of you who don't know where that is, the trail starts near Brigham and is about a 16 mile run. once you get to the top you are on the top of the peak adjacent to Ben Lomond peak. Nothing too bad, I...
  3. dansnyder22

dansnyder22's swingout tire carrier manufacturing

I will be making a jig to be able to produce these on demand. they are based on JDraper's design that he posted in his own thread http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=197119 but was never able to get his shop to make one and now no longer has an explorer The jig will be...
  4. dansnyder22

clutch is gone. what is the difference between 91-92 clutches and 93-94

hi. my clutch has been going out recently and i haven't replaced it due to not having the money. today it went completley out. my truck is a 1991 and i found a clutch kit brand new from a local classified for 50 bucks. only problem is its for a 1994 and i did some research and they use a...
  5. dansnyder22

slotted and dimpled rotors?

Seeing as how explorers are known for overheating brakes do you think that these would help? along with ceramic pads http://www.summitracing.com/parts/EBC-GD7036/Application/?query=Year|1993|Make|FORD|Model|EXPLORER&prefilter=1 i think they would but do you think that they are worth the...
  6. dansnyder22

How to: How to: Remove 1991-1994 Dash with lots of pics

This writeup will show you how to remove your ENTIRE dash out of your 1st gen Explorer. Whatever your reason for taking out your dash I am sure this will be helpful. I took mine out because I really don't like the brown interior and it was the last step in my interior color conversion. I got all...
  7. dansnyder22

1996 explorer wont start because of atitheft system

I found a local classified ad for a 1996 V8 AWD and they say it ran just fine but now the anti theft system wont let it start because its broken. I did a search that didn't turn up much. does anyone know if this is easy to fix? I want to buy it ASAP because they only want $300 for it and...
  8. dansnyder22

interior lights won't turn off

my interior lights in my 93 wont turn off. i had to disconnect the battery so it wouldn't drain it. the problem started today. it is as if a door is open but they are all closed. where is the switch on the back door that makes the lights come on i couldn't find it and i suspect that that is the...
  9. dansnyder22

F#%k, mouse infestation

So, my 93 x has been sitting for a while because it needs transmission work. Well I ordered the part yesterday so today I figure I could start cleaning it out since it will be fixed soon. (miscellaneous things I have stuck in there to store for a while) and I have now discovered that it has...
  10. dansnyder22

Hurst shifter - 3 hole or 4?

I am planning on buying a Hurst shifter in the next couple days and I need to know if it will work. I have seen all the threads and everyone says it will work. but they say it just screws into the stock screw holes in the trans but has longer bolts. the problem is that in the pics the Hurst...
  11. dansnyder22

have a 93 x with manual trans. wondering about f150 trans swap

I have a 1993 explorer 5 speed manual. it is of course the Mazda m5r1. trans needs to be rebuilt anyways but to save on down time I was going to buy a used one and rebuild it first so I'm only down for a couple days while I swap it. but yesterday I read something about there being an...
Back