Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. I

My 93' Explorer Restoration Project

swapping the starter is one of the easiest things ever! driver side of the vehicle, inside the frame its big goldish colored cylinder. undo the plug of wires that goes in to it, and its like 2 or 3 bolts, and it slides right off. incredibly easy.
  2. I

1993 Prerunner 4x4 Explorer

been quite awhile since ive updated this so here we go! older shot with old bumper design, but here is the droop, still has more the jack just maxed out older rear droop shot with old shackles, old hatch, old bumper, and old 33s rear shock hoops made. running 2.5 16s with resi, and removable...
  3. I

My 93' Explorer Restoration Project

i love this explorer! nothing makes me happier than seeing an old vehicle being taken care of, shows a sense of pride that is long gone in most people. i wish mine stayed this clean, but i decided it was a good idea to start hacking it apart and building a prerunner. oh well
  4. I

Rebuilding a 2nd gen Explorer with a 1st gen rear clip

extremely insane attention to detail and the amount of work you did is insane! i would swap the hatch off an 01 and up hatch and use the new tail lights that go with it to set it all off. i did it to mine and it looks like a 2003 explorer. ill post pics if you are interested
  5. I

Interior Door Handles!!!!

that was my plan! ill be keeping the bench though cause when its flattened down i have more storage room than i need. where is that wiring and spot for the fuse located? this will make it easier for me ahah.
  6. I

Painting Advice? Cost?

got any pics of it? idk where you guys are getting quotes, but that is ####ing way to high. the place i planned on dropping my explorer out at is extremely reputable they paint robby gordons trophy trucks, camburgs trucks and so on. for a single stage choice of over 1200 colors, painting...
  7. I

wow turned out pretty clean! i think im gonna have to give it a shot. i plan on doing carpet, seats, doors and door panels
  8. I

please update us with the pics/progress and wiring diagram cause i wanna put new doors on, with the interior panels, new carpet and seats outta a new one. i wonder if its possible to make the keypad locking doors work on these?
  9. I

05 ranger 3.0 into a first gen X

why a 3.slow?
  10. I

hatch swap possible?

why would you scrap the idea?! i put a 2001 hatch on my explorer. i really like the looks of the newer hatch with the license plate in the middle of the hatch and the tail lights. it bolted right up, then bolted the lights up. played mr electrician and figured out what wires do what since its...
  11. I

removing the radius arm stud bolts

i used a liquid wrench or pb blaster. then a torch and a 1/18th socket with a 4 foot breaker bar ahah. dry ice works too
  12. I

Bumpers

awesome looking explorer! makes me wish i left mine with the lift on it, and went this route instead of where i ended up now
  13. I

Rear Hatch Conversion Wiring Questions

in the very last droop picture its a stock metal hood, with glassworks 4.5 inch flare which in my opinion is more like 3 inch flare. now i have glassworks custom baker glass. which is a 7 inch flat top fender. its about 500 plus tax and takes about 3 weeks to make. i also have a fiberwerx glass...
  14. I

ragerunner98s 92 Eddie build thread

ahahh exactly what i was thinkin matt! i lost your number btw nick text it to me again
  15. I

alright got it all together and it works and locks and everything! pretty pumped heres the hatch here it is with its new hella 4000s up top, fiberglass hood, and new fiberglass fenders and heres a droop shot for fun
  16. I

She needs a name.

unsafe?
  17. I

hey guys just swapped a 2001 hatch onto my 93 to match the 2001 front conversion i did. i got it from a junkyard in white, with tan interior to match(SCORE!!!!) but there was no key for it, no biggie i thought. I figured i would just splice the wires from the 93 to the 2001 hatch. the 2001 has a...
  18. I

New Navajo Truggy build

no plans to put the front fenders on again? looks insane compared to what it looked like at my work when i used to see it
  19. I

a4ld... thanks a lot

manual swap is awesome. you will be surpised how quick it is. my buddy used to get smoked by 5 speeds, when he had a geared, supercharged 4.0. trust me manual swap
  20. I

prerunner

@ FIND i had brandon at btf build my custom front end, and the first! so anyone who gets one, youre welcome! it requires taking the front beams and cutting and turning the lower balljoint to make up for the extending of the beams. my front trackwidth is at 83 now opposed to the stock width...
  21. I

prerunner

you live in mission viejo? i live in laguna niguel and have a built explorer. pm me on here and i can get you in touch with people that can build your expo up
  22. I

94 xplorer

so my pos touch 4x4 went out a while back and im gonna do the manual conversion for the shift linkage, and i assume that means i need to do manual hubs aswell. if thats true, can i just swap these hubs on and call it a day?
  23. I

Camshafted

ya, pretty sure you gotta pull the radiator out and headerpanel and pull it straight out of the front of the block
  24. I

91 explorer 4wd ..need lift help please

they arent cheap at all, but go with deaver explorers leaf pack. g50e shackles, add a leafs and axle flips in my opinion are lame. are you gonna dd this, offroad it, or just a little of both?
  25. I

So, What's Your Favorite-Latest Mod?

zip tie mod, intake, kn air filter. ive done more mods than that, but they arent exactly easy
Back