Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

Airbag light

Hi, Curiosly, I now have a code flashing but it flashes 1-2...? Got me buggered, but any help would be appreciated. Chris Saunders 97 UN Explorer XLT
  2. C

The 5R55E and the infamous 2-3 shift flare issue

'97 UN XLT - 248,000kms - Trans Issues...? Gents, G'day from Australia... I will admit that a lot of this post has gone completely over my head, but I think that what I have read may equate to the serious issues that I am currently experiencing - if so, any assistance would be greatly...
  3. C

Transmission / Transfer Case problems - HELP!

Hi, Thought I would pose the question that probably hundreds have before me. '97 (Series One) UN XLT Auto Explorer. 235,000kms (engine replaced at 201,000kms). When driving up hill (under load), vehicle drives okay. When decelerating downhill, something releases the drive and creates a...
  4. C

Diff and Transer Case fluids / oils and specifications...?

As a footnote - I paid AU$11,000 for the car initially with 183,000kms on the clock (probably too much to begin with). Since then, about three years ago, I have completely replaced the engine due to the cam chain adjusters - AU$6,300, and I have replaced the suspension with Old Man Emu all round...
  5. C

Thanks for the advice, but to be honest - I really don't know what I am looking for. I guess I could take a few photos, put them in here, and have you guys offer your opinions on what type, how to pull apart etc. At the end of the day, the Ford dealer had a look just two days ago. After...
  6. C

I have decided that I am going to drain and refill both diffs, relay gasket sealer on both, and service the transfer case - that's about the limit of my mechanical expertise at this stage. Stay tuned - I might give the AT a go in the near future. With luck, I won't end up swimming in new oil...
  7. C

natural gas conversion

Mate, I asked here in Australia, whether my '97 Explorer could be converted and the mechanic said, quite bluntly, that the Explorers have a plastic intake manifold which prevents the LPG conversion. The way I see it, if you could maybe replace the manifold with a molded alloy one then it...
  8. C

Hey, thanks for replying. I have checked the U-Joints and they seem fine. What I am concerned about is movement of the driveshaft coming out of the back of the transfer case - should there be any movement at all? The movement is up and down, and it moves about 2mm at a guess - quite distinct...
  9. C

G'day... I am a new member who joined out of simple desperation. I have a '97 UN Explorer that has done 232,000 kms - new engine at 203,000 kms. I have a serious rear end gear change clunk if I back off the accelerator. I have read a related post on this site, but I am not as technically...
Back