Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. F

Before and After: PA Body Lift

I thought that the steering bracket on the #883 was different than 95-97 explorers used? I have a 97 Eddie Bauer and want to get a 3" BL but I don't know which one is the right one....#883 or #853?
  2. F

My exploder project

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=267892 On this thread he used the PA#883. and he has a 96...so which one do i go with?
  3. F

My exploder project

Awesome. :) Thanks everybody. :)
  4. F

My exploder project

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=202944 I just found this thread saying that the #883 is for 98s and up and i need the#853. Does anyone with a body lifted 97 know anything about this? thanks
  5. F

How to: 2nd gen bodylift - PA 883 Bodylift Instructions

I'm looking at getting this body lift for my 1997 Ford Explorer and as i was getting ready to purchase it i noticed the LONG list of "before you buy notes" :P And it said that it will not fit on vehicles with an automatic transmission.....Does that apply to our explorers as well? and if so is...
  6. F

My exploder project

I never said it wasn't about traction. i just said more horsepower is better for mudding. ;)
  7. F

My exploder project

hypothetically, If i was to go with a SAS what would i go with? D60 HP?
  8. F

My exploder project

Most of the wheeling i'm gonna be doing is mudding. I LOVE mudding! and in my 4x4ing experience (little as it may be) I have seen lots more parts getting broken rock climbing, trail making, logging, etc. So the more horsepower the better. Better for plowing through the spring muck. ;)
  9. F

My exploder project

I want to keep the IFS, I think it does better 4X4ing, personally. Plus putting on a SA would make it ride like a brick. :P I am looking for a body lift right now though. And I can't find any for a 1997 Ford Explorer. I know tons of you guys have them so i guess i'm asking where to find them.
  10. F

My exploder project

I have a 1997 Ford Explorer, and am gonna make it as "FORD" (F-ing Off Road Demon) as i can. I'm putting on a Cherrybomb Glass-Pack and i'm thinking about removing the catalitic converters, allowing for more hp. Superlift's 4in. lift, as much tt as i can get, and a 3" body. questions are what...
  11. F

Broken Tensioner?

I have a 1997 4X4 Explorer, As I was speeding up on the highway yesterday on my way home my drivebelt started squeaking. I pulled over at the next gas station, turned my car off and looked under the hood. I noticed the drive belt wasn't tight at all. I decided to just get a better look at home...
  12. F

frozen mud . beware !

Dang...That sucks. haha That's why I always watch someone else try mudding in the winter first. :P
Back