Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. W

another heated seat problem

heated seat Hi fnguy, I found a post here about a year ago about this problem. Mine quit working after that. The heating element is under the seat cushion. It is just a very fine wire that runs through a thin cloth/fiber pad that is attached to the cushion foam. Once I got to it I could see...
  2. W

another heated seat problem

Your seat probably has a broken element in the heating cushion. It is an easy fix but requires the seat to be removed. There was a post some time ago that walks you through the repair.
  3. W

Advance Trac problem

Thanks for the replies. I will check for a sensor there. I saw an earlier post that mentioned a brake power assist sensor somewhere inside the interrior. Are you familiar with that? It seems that the problem has some connection to the brake system since it will activate when sitting in park and...
  4. W

Advance Trac problem

Would the abs sensors cause a warning when the car isn't moving? It does it when it is in PARK and you put your foot on the brake to move the selector into Drive. Thanks
  5. W

Advance Trac problem

I have an '02 EB Explorer, V8. I purchased it new.The "CHECK AVDTRAC" message as well as the little car symbol came on a few times when it was under warranty but the dealership was unable to find the source of the problem. Over the years the problem has gotten worse. Now the warning comes on all...
  6. W

repair info

I have been reading threads this evening, the first 21 pages, and have found repair procedures for two of the three problems that I have with my '02 EB X. What a great source for information. Especially the thread by gsmaclean on the backup sensor repair. I will continue to look for the third...
  7. W

New member hello

Hi All, This is my first post, so, hello fellow members. I have an '02 Eddie Bauer, Explorer. My fourth since my first 1980 Bronco. They have all been good dependable vehicles including my '02 with the exception of all the electronics on it. It is an assortment of electronic issues that...
Back