Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. F

06 V6 Tune Question (newbie)

I am thinking along the lines of headers, heads, maybe an upper intake... an aftermarket throttle body... to name a few.
  2. F

Yeah... what is there really? Unless you go custom. Only real parts out there are some tuners, Cat-back and intake. The thottle body is just a modified stock unit. I just wish we had the same type of aftermarket support the mustangs enjoy. :) Gone are the days of Explorer popularity.
  3. F

Ya go V8. Milage is not too different and the power difference is significant for such a heavy truck. With the lack of mods available for both engines... I dont think you will be able to get the v6 built up enough if your are looking for "umph".
  4. F

replacing cats on v8

I don't believe anybody makes headers for my Ex.
  5. F

replacing cats on v8

Ah, actually I am in Arizona now... I am new here, so I am unsure of what is legal... however it is more lax that CA. :) I did do a search before posting.. and did see that someone did something similar to what I am asking.. but they did not talk about the performance aftermath. I guess...
  6. F

replacing cats on v8

What do you guys think about replacing the cats on our V8's with some of those "high flow" ones? Ive also read you can remove the resonator as well. Reason I ask is I will proabably get the Magnaflow kit here in the next few months and wanted to know if I should get any additional work done...
  7. F

Gibson Exhaust Installed

I just noticed your sig. LOL PERSIAN PIMP.
  8. F

Intake Manifold.....

Yeah... whachu got goin on there Andy? :)
  9. F

Programmers, K&N's, TB mods, Magnaflow MPG improvements?

Well, I can honestly say that I was attempting to get the best milage possible... and that milage was achived about 80% on cruise control. Milage seems to drop off pretty fast though at higher rates of speed. I have had it in the 20's before going around 70mph with no cargo. As for my in-town, I...
  10. F

Programmers, K&N's, TB mods, Magnaflow MPG improvements?

I just got about 17.5mpg with my mods driving about 80mph. Pretty much all flat freeway. I did have some cargo with me... some suitcases, the wife, and 2 labradors.
  11. F

MSD Ignition upgrade

Blower? Pullys? Ignition? Why get that when you can have this! http://www.tornadoair.com/
  12. F

V8 Aftermarket Performance Parts - The List

Well, after seeing both charts, my guess is that they are both basicly the same. I would guess that they differ in material only. If you look at the metal dyno, the stock truck has more horsepower than the stock truck with the plastic intake at the same rpm. Im guessing the two charts are just...
  13. F

Well... I guess Ill have to take your word for it. lol. So, when you click that link above.. you get the dyno chart? I even tried downloading the pdf directly....
  14. F

No.. im getting the installation instructions for the intake... wierd eh? I get the dyno chart when I go to the plastic intake... but instructions for metal one....
  15. F

I must be crazy. I click that link and get installation instructions.
  16. F

Do you have a link to the metal dyno chart? Now when I click on it, all I get are installation instructions.
  17. F

fuel door cover

http://www.americanmuscle.com/2005-fms-bullitt-fuel-door.html I found it here... its a ford motor sports part... they make 2 for different years...
  18. F

I thought I read the non-metal one had 1 addition HP on the dyno... of course thats well within a margin of error.
  19. F

fuel door cover

I have the ford "aftermarket" fuel door cover.. the metal one that you see on the mustangs sometimes... looks pretty snazzy.
  20. F

BTW, I noticed someone has the metal K&N... is there any reason for the metal one other than cosmetics? I would imagine if anything, it would transfer engine heat more....
  21. F

Yeah, the KKM makes the engine a bit more aggessive sounding, mostly at wide open throttle... barely a differnce at idle. If I had to buy again, I would probaly go with the K&N though....
  22. F

Are any of the Mustang parts verified to be a direct bolt on? I know we share the same engine, but it seems most things dont match up without modification.
  23. F

So I thought I would start compiling a list of aftermarket parts available for the V8 06+ Explorers... help me build it! 4.6L V8 Explorers Intakes KKM - http://www.kustomz.com/054606.html K&N - http://www.knfilters.com/search/product.aspx?Prod=77-2573KP K&N -...
  24. F

Where to rent a vehicle trailer?

I gotta look around for that then. Where do they put it? Glove compartment?
  25. F

Where to rent a vehicle trailer?

My explorer came with some sort of plug (7 pin?) that just goes into a bunch of wires. No 4 pin plug on it though...
Back