Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

4th Gen information

This is going be used mostly as a second vehicle to haul kids and crap around as well as throw my canoe on top. Not sure how much more than that I would need. I was thinking the expedition because of the 5.4 v8 . My 4.6 timing chain guides broke up and caused havoc. I am little worred about the...
  2. S

4th Gen information

I have owned a several explorers in the past. I currently have a 2005 with a blown 4.6L engine and 236K miles. I have decided it is not going to be worth the money to fix it up. I am now looking at getting a 4th Gen. I want to stay around 100,00-125000 miles. Did 4th generation come with a...
  3. S

05 XLT 2WD 4.6 Engine swap

LKQ provides the donor vehicle information when you purchase the used engine. When getting the remanfactured one from them they warranty it 3 Years unlimited miles...I just do not pay $4400 for a vehicle on a good is only worth 6K
  4. S

I have thought about putting a rebuilt engine...Just the cost of might not be worth it. I am looking at getting an Engine from LKQ..A used one with 130K is about $1100 and a remanufactured one with a 3 year warranty is $4400. The remanufactured one must be installed by a ASE tech for the...
  5. S

That gasket on the oil filter is one that I planned on changing. It went out on this engine at some point. The current engine let loose at 236K
  6. S

The transmission has 236K miles on it...never had any work on it. I thought about once the engine is in getting the transmission rebuilt
  7. S

I have started the process of pulling out the 4.6 v8 from my Explorer. I am going to be putting in a used one with a about 130K on it. What kind of things should I change when I put in my new one? So far here is what I have listed AC Recharge Fuel Injectors Fuel Filter Spark Plugs & Wires...
  8. S

Can not fill the fuel tank

It was on the Evap Canister
  9. S

Engine Ideas

Is there big difference performance and HP
  10. S

Engine Ideas

I would like to get it back running and on the road again with in the next 6 months. Maybe some headers and dual exhaust or just high flowing exhaust. I will probably stay with the 4.6L . I once had a crazy idea about putting a Triton V10 but that was crazy I plan on having the Transmission...
  11. S

Engine Ideas

05 XLT, V8 , 236K Miles, Tow package, Blown engine I want to replace the engine in my '05. I was thinking about putting something a little more powerful than the 4.6 that came in there. I am looking for the different types of 4.6 that could fit in there. From what I have read so far the...
  12. S

2010 Driver Window Issue

Explorer 2010 110,000 Miles I am trying to figure out why the window on the Explorer is not rolling up properly. While rolling up the window using the Automatic function. It rolls up gets to the top, stops and rolls back down half way. If the window is rolled up by just holding the up button(...
  13. S

factory radio with Sat Problem

My GF has a 2010 2wd E XLT with 4.0L. Today her Sat radio went out..When she switches to it does not work. Her service is active. Sirius said that there is probably something wrong with the unit. Has anyone had any issues with this before
  14. S

05 XLT V8 swap

My 05 xlt has a blown 4.6L with 230K miles on it. I have a crazy idea. I have a triton V10 with only 21K on it. Will it fit in my Exp. Thoughts..If not my other idea is to put a HO 5.0L..thoughts on that?
  15. S

Changing the engine(4.6) on a 05 EXP.

The 4.6 on my wife's 05 Explorer let loose about two months ago. It had 236K Mile on it. The plan it to change it myself. Are there any threads on here with some tips. Or does anyone have any places I can get some tips. I want to get the transmission rebuilt while I am at it. Should I...
  16. S

Wheel Swap

http://www.rimsntires.com/specs.jsp?item=Wheel-Tire I like that site. I can live with the speed-o being off by just a little bit. I will change the wheels out this weekend.
  17. S

Wheel Swap

Recently my wife's '05 Exp XLT died. It needs a new motor. So until then it is just sitting at the house. 4 months ago she got some new tires on the truck. I do not want them to just go to waste till I change the motor. I was thinking pull off the rims and tires from her Explorer and put...
  18. S

Maybe on the last leg

Great site. I am keeping the my 2005 Explorer and just going to replace the engine.
  19. S

Keep or Sell?

The 2005 Explorer has been towed home. I am planning on keeping it and changing the motor myself.
  20. S

Keep or Sell?

Well my wife's 2005 Explorer XLT 4.6L V8 2x4 is done. The engine has let loose at 235,000 miles. She does not want to fix, so she got a new vehicle today. I am thinking about keeping the Explorer and replacing the motor myself. It would be a good project car for me. I have done pretty much...
  21. S

Maybe on the last leg

Well my wife does not want her 2005 Explorer fixed, well at least for $4500..The repair shop will replace the engine with the one I found for $1350. She has been wanting a new vehicle for a while...So she got one today.. I am thinking of keeping the Explorer and replacing the engine myself...
  22. S

Maybe on the last leg

I found one at http://www.lkqcorp.com with 84K Miles on it for around $1350.00
  23. S

Maybe on the last leg

The repair shop called...The motor is toast and needs replaced. Let see how much it is going to cost for a replacement motor.
  24. S

Maybe on the last leg

We were thinking a new motor might be the worst case..just have to decide if we want to do that. I am sure the transmission is not far behind..the Explorer does have 230,000 miles on it.
  25. S

Maybe on the last leg

That sounds promising... I just hope it does not cost an arm and a leg to fix.
Back