Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

Egr vacuum solenoid wiring pictures.

Help! Any one Have a good picture of the wiring harness? Wires pulled out from the connector, and lost track. Red and purple.
  2. M

ECT Sensor Queastions

Thank you !
  3. M

ECT Sensor Queastions

Broklynbaby, Do you still have access to the ect chart. Link is not working Thanks
  4. M

What did YOU do to your Explorer today?

Changed out that amazingly hard to get at O2 sensor on the drivers side. The threaded sensor.....easy ! That damn wire harness.....that took some stretching. lol
  5. M

4x4 noise (banging thud) at front dif. ????

Have not explored it much yet. Yours looks like the U-joint is good, but I'm thinking the carrier bearing in the front dif. may be sloppy.
  6. M

4x4 noise (banging thud) at front dif. ????

Haven't had much time to do alot of trouble shooting, but here goes... Transfer case engaged with hubs unlocked = no noise hubs locked with transfer case disengaged = no noise hubs locked with transfer case engaged = banging comming from drivers side front end. replaced ball joints...
  7. M

disabling 4wabs by pulling relays

As far as the 2nd gen's.....I really have no idea.... But, you are correct, there are some very smart people on this sight. To answer my own question in a way, there are 2 30amp fuses in the under hood fuse box marked ABS. I pulled both out, assuming one's for the front, and the other for...
  8. M

disabling 4wabs by pulling relays

Let me first apologize for starting a new thread on a subject that's probably been beat to death. I live in New Hampshire...I hate my ABS! I have been searching for a straight forward answer on how to disable my 4wabs. One post I found says to pull both relays from the under hood fuse box...
  9. M

Disable 4w ABS 1994 Ex EB

I attempted pulling both, and my EX would not start afterwards. Put both back in, and it started.
  10. M

Coil spacer dimensions

Thanks. Do you happen to know what the diameter is at the top(part that fits inside the spring) of the spacer? I don't think I will be using the plastic insulator or the bell shaped seat.
  11. M

Coil spacer dimensions

I have a set of Daystar coil spacers installed in my vehicle. Looking to make a set of aluminum ones. Any body have dimensions or a blue print? Kinda hard to measure the ones on the vehicle.
  12. M

Looking for a east coast connection (NH)

Looking for a fab shop in New Hampshire, or atleast North East, that can do cut and turned beams on a first gen. Anybody have a connection?
  13. M

Need step-by-step guide for changing Canister Purge Valve

I used a long pair of forceps (tong like devises) to reach in and grab the hose, and pulled it into a position where I could grab a hold of the valve. It's kinda like a puzzle, pull backwards, pull to the right, twist a little....It will come out. when you get it, you'll have to twist/turn...
  14. M

camber shims for a 92 navajo

Top photo: New 2 3/4 degree Napa shim next to stock 2 1/2 degree shim Bottom photo: snap ring angle not parallel to bushing face. Returned to Napa today!
  15. M

I understand that there suppose to be the same, minus the degree change between 2 and 4 wheel. My issue is that when I added my spacers, I rotated my stock bushings (2 1/2 degree) 180 degrees.hence I went from 2 1/2 degrees positive camber to 2 1/2 degrees negative camber. my allingment was...
  16. M

Avoid Napa for the time being, I have a 94 explorer with 2" coil spacers, just got some bushings from them.... definitely the wrong ones. bushing says it can be used for the 4x2 or 4x4....not so much! Still working on resolving this issue. Try advance auto, they carry moog products.
  17. M

spindles

Thanks. Just found these on Broncograveyard.com # 82007 New Dana/Spicer Spindle 1993-94½ Ford Explorer with front ABS Price: $129.00
  18. M

spindles

Does anybody sell spindles for a 1994 ford explorer 4x4 xlt, other than the dealer?
  19. M

1993 Ford Explorer. The starter won't turn over, and it just clicks.

Give the starter a wack with a hammer, then try to start it.
  20. M

6mm bolt location on the front ABS sensor.

Did my u joints 6 months ago. Yes it is on the inside surface of the steering knuckle. Had to use a 10 mm deep socket with a 1/4 " drive (tight fit). Find the sensor, and the tear shaped bracket, note the small hole in the bracket, look on the opposite side, you should see the bolt head.
  21. M

egr pressure sensor cleaning?

To answer my own question: gasket, circuit board, diaphram, insulation material. nope not rebuildable! Yup, took it apart, had to check for myself.
  22. M

egr pressure sensor cleaning?

Is there a way to clean or rebuild a egr pressure sensor? The aluminum housing is riveted together, nothing a drill and some new bolts wont fix. Has anyone taken one of these apart? What's inside?????
  23. M

Cold Air Intake

I am looking into purchasing a Kurtz Kustomz air intake, It replace the stock box pretty much like your photo.....Question I have is, What is done with the two vacumn lines that attach to the old air box?
  24. M

Cold Air Intake

The tube your talking about pulls warm air from the manifold during startup or during cold temperatures to increase drivability. Cold is good, but too cold things run like crap.
Back