Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

show off your LIFTED truck - photo thread

I drove mine with the same tires everywhere i went. Noisiest tires i have ever had by far, but man are they fun in the mud.
  2. D

off-road lights

I mounted mine on the front bumper since i didn't want to go to the luggage rack. You could mount them directly to the luggage rack and just run the wires on the inside of the rack. That would be the cleanest way to put them up top.
  3. D

Where are all the Virginia Explorers??

you guys are really making me miss my x. only thing i have left are some pics and parts. i have seen my x being driven around va beach by some girl. i bet the dealership where i traded it in got more than what they gave me for it
  4. D

it's times like these last couple of days that i REALLY REALLY wish i still had the explorer. there were cars all over the place stuck in this high water. i could have made a buckor two pulling them out.
  5. D

off of damneck rd is an awesome place when it's good and wet. the last time that i went i had my x coated top to bottom, front to back
  6. D

I don't know them, a guy i used to offroad with did. But I don't have that guys number anymore. Sorry
  7. D

Fellas, I have some extended stainless steel brake lines and a two shock steering stabilizer that I bought for my 93 but never put on it since i blew out the third tranny. Anyone interested just let me know.
  8. D

you guys are making me wish i didn't get rid of my truck
  9. D

beats the hell outta the ford 500!!

if we all suck from owning fords.... oh wait, your avatar says you have a ranger. i guess your sucking with us then. way to show yourself there buddy
  10. D

beats the hell outta the ford 500!!

i like it. it's different. i defintely wouldn't turn it down if it was given to me
  11. D

GW National Forest

with 31's you will be able to do most things. i didn't have 4 low when i went but i had 35's and 4.10 gears. GW is a lot of fun, especially if you don't want to bust too much major stuff. Good luck
  12. D

VA X'S owners

i'm out, i sold my x when the tranny blew for the third time. just tired of dumping money into it.
  13. D

Tips from Experienced mud boggers

be careful getting next to the edge. i've seen some trucks catch that edge and flip. they were probably powered by a lot more than the x though. post some pics afterward. good luck
  14. D

I'm not sure. Are the disk brakes the same from the first gens to the second? I paid $100 for them from protrucks, and just never got around to installing them. Still in the package matter of fact.
  15. D

no shocks. i have some skyjacker stainless steel extended brake lines still int he package, a dual shock steering stabilizer never even put on the x but it's scratched up because of sitting in the back of the x, and some stereo equipment. my wife wants me to put these things in the trading...
  16. D

well, offroading is out. traded the x in. if anyone has a first gen with a lift, i have some parts in my shed if anyone needs some
  17. D

i have one other thing left to fix and then it's out of here. i love offroading, but it cost me too much right now. if it wasn't my daily driver it would be one thing, but right now money is too tight to do it
  18. D

Accident!!

If I was a gambling man, oh wait I am, I would put my money on you being at fault come the court day. All because you were turning onto the lane. It sucks because they were OBVIOUSLY speeding. Good luck
  19. D

i would love to hit some mud or trails sometime, but i think with everything else my torque convertor has crapped out on me. might just go to uwrench it and get a new tranny and drop in and be finished with it
  20. D

car accedent

unless u don't have insurance, who cares if they sue? Half the time they don't get that much over the cost to pay the medical insurance and lawyer anyway.
  21. D

sxc website

just go to www.hicenterdor.com and then click on what we have done and then click on damneck playday apr 05. I have the only explorer in that section. still haven't finished cleaning all of the mud out
  22. D

Retro Look on Explorer???

if you do the hot rod thing, ditch the roof rack. real wide tires in the back with skinny's up front. if you do want flames, don't go with the typical orange, yellow flames. you could always try some ghost flames on there. those tend to look a little better in my opinion
  23. D

i'm fixing it first. just needs another vent tube for the tranny. little odds and ends stuff i am fixing also. I just think it's time for me to get something a little newer and that i can take if i have to travel. 11mpg is not exactly traveling gas mileage is you know what i mean. I want...
  24. D

Sorry i didn't respond Josh, I was Charleston, SC for a week working. I left the Roosevelt in February. I do know ET1 Figgins. If anyone is interested in offroading this weekend, I'll call and see if anyone from the club is going to be out there. I have to fly to Poland on Saturday so I...
  25. D

After using the 4x4

i got mine from some 4wd wholesale site online. i just can't remember the site now. i tried looking for you, but i'm just not sure. extremely easy to install.
Back