Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

Would your check engine light come on if.......

So if they put the wrong oil in my X this could make this clicking noise that i have been hearing. This clicking noise is like the same sound you hear if i car is running low on oil. I'm thinking i should have my oil changed again before i start taking a part the valve cover. Also can getting...
  2. B

Yes the sound is coming from the right side of the engine if you were standing in front of the vehicle. And the noise is coming from the front of the motor and towards the top right side of the motor by the valve cover. If the lifter were tapping would the check engine light come on?
  3. B

what makes you think it's the timing chain ? Have you had any experiences like this before on your vehicles? Thx for your help! Also what happens if i waited to get the timing chain fixed or the timing reset? Thx Again!
  4. B

No i had the oil changed at a shop and i checked the oil level and it seems to be fine after i started hearing this clicking noise
  5. B

you had valve tapping or an exhaust leak or if your PCV valve was bad? I got a loud clicking noise i guess it would be a clicking noise it goes like tat,tat,tat,tat, tat, tat, and if i give it more acceleration the sound goes faster and vice verse when i decelerate My Ford is a 2002 X its got...
  6. B

loud clicking noise when i start and even more when i acclerate

If the timing chain is off would that make a clicking noise when i accelerate? All my gauges are fine and check engine has not came on at all. If there was valve tapping would the check engine light come on? And also if the gasket has gone bad by the valve cover would that create a clicking...
  7. B

If i take the serpentine belt off and the clicking noise stops would that indicate that the tensioner is bad?
  8. B

I think it might be a lifter hitting somewhere in my valve cover. If i accelerate the sound of clicking goes faster if i decelerate it slows down but the noise is really loud. I just had my oil changed and my X has over 210,000 miles on her. Is it possible some gunk got into the lifter? I...
  9. B

Windows stuck and got power to master switch

more hints ! Do you have a repair manual that you can get like at napa or autozone, or etc ? Sometimes they have a wiring diagram of your window wiring ? Do you have a master switch on the driver door panel ? What year is the explorer ? Have you checked your fuses ? Sometimes i have heard it...
  10. B

hey bro! You need to first check to see if you got power to the main switch. I believe it is the red wire. Use a volt meter and put the prong into the wire. And see if you got power to the switch. If you got no power to the switch you have a broken wire somewhere from under the hood to the...
  11. B

it was the black wire it was the bklack wire in the door jam about a 2-3 hour job
  12. B

04 Power window problems.

hey bra! check all of my post. I had the same problem and it was a broken wire in the door jam (black) if you can't find my posts let me know and i will give you the info to check to see if your wire is broke. good luck ah!
  13. B

2002 XLT - Is the transmission guaranteed to fail?

i got 163,000 and my trany is good as the first day i bought her
  14. B

problem solved found the broken wire. nice spring air flows thru my x. feels good
  15. B

thermostat gasket '02

well thats good preventive maintenance i just changed mine last week and the whole housing. My thermostat started sticking and i didn't realize intill it was too late and it put a crack in the lower housing and had to replace everything. Good thinkin bro change the thermostat.
  16. B

No not even one window works. I think its got to be a broken wire somewhere in the jam. It seems people on diffrent thread that i have read have had a broken black wire (ground) I am going to check for contunity from the switch on the black wire to the jam and see if it might be briken...
  17. B

thermostat gasket '02

what is the reason for changing the thermostat? maintance? over heating ? or hot water gauge is being jumpy?
  18. B

Thank to everyone for taking time to read this thread! First of all my windows started to get stuck out about 8 months ago. And i noticed when the driver side door was closed i could not make the windows work and the illuminated lights on the master switch were off and the windows would not...
Back