Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. W

4x4 lights flashes

I have a 2003 ford explorer Eddie with 130k on the clock. Here is my problem I replace my tires on my truck a week ago with new tires . I started to notice that the 4x4 high light flashes from time to time. There is no other lights on on the dash. The only other problem I have with the truck...
  2. W

5R55W Solenoid Block Replacement

i started to experience the delay shifting in my 2003 ford explorer. i saw on rock auto parts shift solenoid for $56 is it the same thing see http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/raframecatalog.php?carcode=1414516&parttype=8476&partkey=1188442&a=FRc1414516k1188442-6101454
  3. W

Front Wheel Bearing replacement

need some help when I turn left or right and depending on the weather I would get a loud grinding noise coming from the wheel i at first taught it was the cv axle so I replace my cv axle turns out its not the axle . I guessing its the wheel bearing ? how can I make sure its the bearing ?Dont...
  4. W

Did you notice this little detail on your '03? Or am I crazy?

I have a 03 and mine doesnt have the explorer on the door. I like it that way it give my truck a more custom look
  5. W

Engine Ticking Noise 2006 4.6 EB

I also have the same problem also does my neighbor on his mercury so I am guessing its normal.
  6. W

CV Axle Replacement How To (Pictures)

thank you so much took me 2hr top and i was done with the removal and installing with help of your guide
  7. W

3 gen a/c vent problem

I have a 2003 Ford explorer v 6 eddie edition with the digital climate control. Last summer I notice occasional when I get up to around 40mphr the a/c vent will change to the defrost vent and when I slow down it will turn back to whatever setting i had it on. Today it got worst i was wondering...
  8. W

weird idle sound...vid inside...normal?

I been getting the same noise from my truck also for the past two years. I didn't think much of it since i notice the guy who live next door to me has the same noise coming from his Montaneer.
  9. W

a/c vent

thanks a million i will check it out
  10. W

C/v joints ?

At the begining of summer I had the c/v half shaft joints on both the left and right side of my 03 explorer eddie edition changed b/c it would make a grinding sound when I turn. But the grinding soung return when I turn right or left could it be bad half shaft I got from autozone but what's the...
  11. W

a/c vent

I have a 2003 explorer eddie edition It happen a month ago but it got worst the pass few days when I am driving with the a/c or even with the heat on once I accelerate the a/c or heat will vent with start to blow from the defrost vent and once I slow down it will go back to the Vent I had it...
  12. W

97 Explorer V8 - Getting Code P0308

UMM I had the same problem took it to the shop after doing all of the above when i didnt get any results will they said it was valve leak compression was low on cyclinder 6 got rebuild paid a bit much i think $2600. Two weeks later the code came up again its in the shop right now they said its...
  13. W

over heating

thank you I got the thom changed it but the problem still presist so I took it to the shop the machanic said it could be the head gasket or a crack head hoping its a bad gasket. Casue the head will only crack if you drive it for a while when it was overheading which I didnt . But I am thinking...
  14. W

over heating

I was driving the car today and I notice that the temputure guage went all the way up to hot and the temputure light came on I stop the car let it cool for a few started it right back up and it was at normal operation temputure drove it home no problem . started it up again drove it for a couple...
  15. W

First time Ford explorer owner with a cigar lighter problem

got the truck back turns out to be a real lemon . Got the engine replace . turns out the fuse was blown for the cigar lighter replace that also . want to thank you guys a million for the advice .
  16. W

he said its losing presure but later on this week he will let me know once he takes it apart what its missing. i will keep you guys posted
  17. W

i got a lemon thanks for the warm welcome just got back from the shop about the check engine light turns out i got a valve problem its going to cost me at least 2500 to fix WOW.
  18. W

thanks a million for the advice i will check it outbut i will have to check it out later last night on my way home from work my check engine light came on took it to the zone turns out cyclinder 6 has a misfire check the plugs and wires and they all fire so my next time is to take it to the shop...
  19. W

I brought myself a 2003 Ford explorer eddie and I must say its a pretty nice truch love every min of it although i was thinking twice about it blc I heard that it has akot of problems but after looking at this site before buying it it seems you guys love your truck . So here is the problem I...
Back