Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. K

AC Pump Weird Noises on Start Up

As the title suggests, when i start my ex when its cold i get a nice grinding noise that seems to come from the ac pump. I have done some searching around havnt really found anything about this. If anyone has any idea what it is or what i have to do that would be greatly appreciated. When the...
  2. K

Turning your sport 4wd to 2wd

Coming up here I will be lowering and doing the sts universal turbo system. As the title suggests I have a 4wd drive but am looking into converting to 2wd. Has anyone done this or know what is needed to do this? Thanks
  3. K

Calgary RACE CITY

Anyone in Calgary, Alberta that attends the secret street nights on Fridays at Race City, will be over joyed. Calgary city council finally decided that instead of demolishing Race City in order to create some city resources; the Race City lease has been extended to 2015. Hopefully this means...
  4. K

4.0 SOHC EE Supercharger

I am very interested in either doing a turbo set up on my truck or the EE supercharger. Im stuck in between which would be better, and I also have a Auto tranny. Any thoughts? Also of EE web, i read that you need to get a new throttle body and inlet hose? On their site it only shows a...
  5. K

Transmission Problems

I have a 99 sport auto and out of nowhere today my truck all of a sudden started having shifting problems since i have owned it in march it has never shifted hard, it has always shifted smooth and continues to do so. but as im on my way home today if i put the pedal to the floor, it does not...
  6. K

Tires to fit Superlift 4" kit

Hi I was wondering if anyone knew the biggest size of tire I could fit having the 4" Superlift kit. I remember there being a sticky on wheel size by lift but i cant seem to find it thanks
  7. K

Calgary, Alberta Cruise

Hey up in Calgary the VW scene for cruises was great and now that im driving an X i think we, calgarians, should give it a go. I miss the crusies. Let me know
  8. K

Lowering Blocks

I have a 99 explorer sport 4wd Has anyone heard of lowering blocks that are bigger than 1 3/8" that EE has? Also a front coil-over that could complement a 3" block. Thanks
  9. K

A/V Head Unit help

Does any one if you can fit a fixed A/V head unit, such as Alpine's IVA-W205 2-DIN DVD/CD/MP3/WMA Receiver/AV Head Unit? http://www.alpine-usa.com/US-en/products/product.php?model=IVA-W205 I'd really like to fit this in the factory radio spot if it will fit, I need to purchase this...
  10. K

HELP HELP HELP on TT

Im about to start doing a torsion twist and never done it before. If im lowering the truck do i have to jack it up off the ground, or can i just start cranking? Thanks Guy
  11. K

Will A Ranger Lift Kit fit on a Explorer???

Hi, I have been having a lot of trouble finding a lift kit specific for my sport. The one, the local 4wd shop in town informed me of, was from Super Lift and in CAN dollars was over 3000. I have read, but only seen vague answers as to if a Ranger lift kit would be able to fit on a Sport. Any...
  12. K

Exhaust 4.0

Hey just think over some things today and came across this idea with a co-worker. I have a 99 sport 4.0 and when we got underneath the truck today, started rolling some ideas around. The most preferable one we came up with is, that when we were underneath it looked as though the exhaust came...
  13. K

HELP!! Want to fit 33's

Hi I live in Calgary, alberta, canada and have been having the hardest time trying to find a lift kit for my 99 explorer 2door. I have only been able to find one from superlift and it was over 3gs. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Back