Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 0

Adrenalin aftermarket fog light upgrade

found that these Morimoto fog lights are a direct swap for the Adrenalin's! https://www.morimotohid.com/morimoto-ford-4-inch-xb-led-fog-lights?quantity=1 They have a nice sharp cutoff line that looks great when properly aligned. So much better light output than the led 5202 replacement bulb...
  2. 0

Hey, is that a new Maverick?!?

Has anyone else with a gen 2 ST heard this comment from people lately? I've gotten it twice now from random strangers! maybe its the Adrenalin package that kind of looks like one... i think it's funny that a 12+ year old truck gets the attention and questions still! Funny to explain that...
  3. 0

How to convert your 'AWD' Adrenalin to true 4x4

After lots of research I figured out how to convert an AWD Sport Trac Adrenalin to true 4x4. You'll need a windows laptop, Forscan with license, an OBDII adapter that connects to your laptop, and the 4x4 button module (7L2Z-14B166-AA) Update the Instrument Panel configuration Using Forscan...
  4. 0

Sport Trac coilovers

I came across this from doing some related research online. I don't think this company has been discussed here before. They just sent me these pictures and info.. FORD EXPLORER SPORT TRAC 07-10 INNOVATIVE SERIES - SCALE suspension.com This application is designed to give a -1 to -3.5 inch...
  5. 0

looking for 2nd gen roof rack

I'm looking for all parts to install the OEM roof rack on a 2nd gen. side rails, cross bars, brackets, bolts, seals, etc... Adrenalin's didn't come with a roof rack but I'd like to add one... If you removed yours and want to sell let me know...
  6. 0

Sync v4.4

Didnt find a thread on this, but looks like we got a nice update to Sync for our 4th gens and 2nd gen ST's (non-nav, not sure about nav versions..). I just downloaded and installed the update, lots of good improvements! If you don't already have an account, go to...
  7. 0

PML 6R80 trans pan installed

Just installed an oversized trans pan from PML. PML 6R80 pan This is a prototype pan that they have developed, and I got in touch with them and volunteered to test fit it to my truck. It's close, but it fits! The pan is cast aluminum, cooling fins, has a magnetic drain plug, and holds 3...
  8. 0

4.6 oil cooler & remote filter mount

Does anyone know if the FRPP part M-6881-A5 remote oil filter housing will bolt up to the Explorer iron block 4.6? http://ampperformance.com/i-9568175-ford-racing-m-6881-a5-water-inlet-adapter.html I'd like to replace the stock oil filter mount/oil warmer circuit with this, and add a...
  9. 0

steering wheel swap

felt the interior needed a little break up of the black on black on black on black... Swapped in a Mountaineer steering wheel which came with a brushed aluminum accent. original buttons and airbag all drop right in. I'm keeping my eye out for other Mountaineer trim pieces like the brushed...
  10. 0

f150 brakes on a 4th gen explorer

So I have a theory that the 2010+ f150 front brakes can be made to work on a 4th gen explorer, 2nd gen ST. The main advantage to this possible upgrade is for the use of the larger f150 rotors. the explorer rotors are 12", f150's are 13.8". this should increase the braking performance and heat...
  11. 0

V8 Exhaust question

For any members that have done the Resonator delete, which one is the resonator? It is hard to tell whether the front or rear 'muffler' is the resonator. thanks!
  12. 0

Ford Flex shift knob install - cross post

I made a writeup on installing a Ford Flex shift knob, check it out here: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2910733#post2910733
  13. 0

Ford Flex shift knob install in Explorer

I purchased Ford part number 8G1Z-7213-A Ford Flex shift knob for $9 and installed it in place of my stock Explorer shift knob. Old knob: New: To begin, remove the chrome trim around the shifter, and pop off the console section with cupholders. Then begin to remove the OEM Phalic shifter...
  14. 0

V8 brake booster vac line..

I am working on a DIY intake setup, and do not understand the purpose of the check valve setup on the factory brake booster vacuum circuit. Does anyone know why Ford set it up to use a check valve to tie into the intake tube pre-throttle body? I am considering removing the check valve and...
  15. 0

dissapointed in Magnaflow quality

Just received the Magnaflow 16679 Stainless Steel 2.5" Single Cat-Back Exhaust System. Not only are the pipes smaller in diameter than the OEM v8 exhaust, the muffler internals are crushed down and not formed right. My plan was to modify the rear section of this bolt on catback to exit in the...
  16. 0

debadge tailgate

I am planning on debadging my tailgate, and am wondering if there are alignment holes behind the left Sport Trac badge. I have read that the Adrenalin on the right side has no holes... Anyone know?
  17. 0

adrenalin AWD transfer case ?'s

so I crawled under the truck tonight to take a look around, and noticed what looks like a shift motor on my AWD t-case... Edit: after looking a bit i guess it is the BW 4412? but do the AWD versions have a shift motor on them?
  18. 0

New Sport Trac, a few observations

Well a few weeks ago I picked up a 2010 Adrenalin v8 awd in blue flame, really like this truck! I just changed the oil for the first time, and am impressed with the little features like the oil deflectors for the pan and filter, nice touch ford! Anyone elses bed storage lid strut dead? I...
  19. 0

advice on 4x4 conversion

I have a 2005 2wd, and I have the opportunity to purchase the following from a 2003 4x4 sport trac: 5r55e transmission and transfer case front and rear drive shafts front axle with the same gearing as my truck steering knuckles, brakes, bearings, and hubs all brackets, bolts, etc. These...
  20. 0

HID retrofit - 2005 Sport Trac

Started on my HID retrofit on my 2005 Sport Trac. The projectors are the Morimoto Mini H1 kit. These housings fit into the 9007 bulb openings without any cutting. I am going to have to do some creative sealing on the back to seal up the bulb socket, but that shouldn't be too hard. My 6...
Back