Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

Bypass wiring for low range switch? 2wd low!

That's how mine works.
  2. D

Changing Spark Plugs on 91-94 Explorer

Great write up! Very helpful. A few additional thoughts.... 1. Jacking the right side is unnecessary, but helpful I think. Gives you more room to wiggle about. 2. DO NOT under any circumstance forget the anti-seize unless you have no intention of ever removing the plugs. Last owner of...
  3. D

How Rare Is My 91 Eddie Bauer Explorer 5 speed?

Rare as rocking horse poo I suspect. I've got a 91 XL 4dr with the five speed.
  4. D

auto to manual swap with electric t-case

Clutch to the floor as well? My 4x4 Low is a bit finicky - I need to wobble the stick in neutral a bit and get the clutch right down before it will engage.
  5. D

91 running bad some times

Perhaps a bit simplistic, but my rough running problems were solved entirely with a new set of plugs and wires. The wires are the critical part apparently.
  6. D

New Member from Canada

It actually looks a lot better after a wash (all the grey crud is caked on dirt) - too lazy to take pictures though and now she's buried in snow. 272k km, so about 170k miles. Engine is very strong, as is the drivetrain. I don't know the production date, but I'll take a peek at the door...
  7. D

New Member from Canada

Hi all, New member here with a 1991 XL. Bought it as an off-road toy for $450 (Canuck bucks!), and have already put a lot of the great info from here to good use. Next step is to sort out my coolant leak (which I traced to the lower intake manifold thanks to you folks - coolant coming off...
Back