Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

How often do you Floor Your Ex

I don't know. It's always been able to. The other day the roads were clear and I have new tires but it still went 30 feet before I let off. I haven't tried to burn them up since I can't afford it but sometimes I can't help myself for a couple seconds.
  2. D

How often do you Floor Your Ex

Whenever I have the $$ to pay for the gas. I usually have a little fun a couple times a week once it is well warmed up. I don't know why but it's hard for it not to peel out if I give it more than half the pedal from a stand still. I love my explorer!
  3. D

Rough idle.

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=261439 The first part of this link shows the removal process. Just take it slow the first time and make sure you get all of the torx screws because the manifold is plastic and can break. Also, do NOT drop any screws/bolts/anything into the...
  4. D

Comment by 'drothgeb' in media 'Paul Sabin's beast'

Harrisonburg? That's where I grew up! Where at in H'burg is this?
  5. D

Air only comes out defrost vents

Took it back to the body shop that did work on it after the accident and asked them to take a look at the vacuum reservoir while doing some other stuff I was scheduled to come in for. Apparently they forgot to hook up a couple tubes. All good now! Thanks. By the way does anyone have any pics of...
  6. D

Thanks, I'll take a look when it's light outside
  7. D

So after I got my Explorer back from getting the front end fixed I no longer get air to come out of the chest/face vents. I've checked all of the vaccuum tubes and can't find any leaks or anything disconnected. Where do I go from here? Any way something up front could've gotten damaged when the...
  8. D

License plate light is out

For the '97 the lights/license are on the bumper. All you do is reach up and behind the bumper until you find where the light harness meets with the bulb. It twists out then just plug the new bulb in.
  9. D

Will jeep rims fit on an explorer?

Make sure that the hub can extend through the rim along with having the correct backspacing so there isn't any rubbing.
  10. D

My wreck registry from 11/24/10

Thank you for the great insight!
  11. D

hey Joe I've always heard that you should wait 30 days before washing and waxing a new paint job...True or False? I'd hate for all this road salt to mess up my new front end
  12. D

loud clunk in front end

I don't have a 1st gen but everytime I read about a 1st gen having clunking noises it is almost always radius arm bushings ("the bushings from the bar that attaches the axel to the frame") Check those would be my suggestions
  13. D

Some more pictures... Check out how clean even the inside of the header panel is!! JoeDirt eat your heart out! Haha j/k
  14. D

Parking bulb out, signal still works

Great thank you!
  15. D

Parking bulb out, signal still works

Ok like the title says my lower driver's side parking bulb is out, but the bulb still works when the left signal is on. I've checked all of my fuses and they are fine. Would just part of the bulb be broken or am I looking at an electrical issue? I tried searching and found lots of threads with...
  16. D

hmm...I'll think about it Joe, I've always liked those Limited Grills. Man, I'm loving how clean the inside of the front end is now. No rust or gime on the inside of the grill, bumper, or anything. They detailed it, it looks like a new Explorer.
  17. D

I'm not sure if I like going back to a chrome grill...At least it's not faded like my old one was before I painted it and it has the dark graphite center instead of my old one's light grey. Still need to replaint the lower valence. I'm thinking the entire bumper goes white besides the...
  18. D

Fixed!! OK, ignore the crappy quality of the camera phone. It's almost too pretty to drive now...
  19. D

Got the Explorer back today!! Looks great, new paint looks amazing. My hood now looks like a mirror. I'll post up some pics in a little
  20. D

Rip 1994 xlt

Glad you're ok. Too bad about the '94. Is it a little ironic that your profile name is "Suddendeath" and that is what happened...
  21. D

Would anyone happen to know?

hmm cant remember the exact figures but he was awesome at doing both extensive road tests and dynos after each and every mod
  22. D

Would anyone happen to know?

Aldive's mileage thread has tested this and it does provide an increase in hp and mpg, not terribly high but with everything else it does have a cumulative effect.
  23. D

intro

You should be able to get to it from the wheel well with the wheel off I believe.
  24. D

SRT8 Cherokee Style Exhaust?

I'm guessing you'll have to remove the spare tire and route it straight down the middle...
Back