Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. P

HELP get door open!

I too am having a problem with the door lock sticking. The passanger door would lock fine but would not always unlock. Just jiggled it a few times while unlocking and it would eventualy unlock. Unfortunatly the problem has spead to the drivers door now, I tried the jiggling trick again but...
  2. P

Transfer Case and or Shift Motor Issue 98 Explorer

Thanks for the replies, Neutral into 4x4 low, with brake on is not working. What is the best way to "Test", the shift motor? As it only deals with the 4x4 High and 4x4 Low shifting, Im assuming with it removed from the transfer case but connected, it will only move when shifting from...
  3. P

Mechanically Safe and Personally Safe to drive like this ?

Thank you for your replies, I was expecting the dash 4x4 lights to flash but they don't. When I turn the 4x4 knob the light for that section lights up. With the shift motor connected the 4x4 low light comes ON, no matter what the 4x4 knob is turned too. Transfer case not in low 4x4...
  4. P

Mechanically Safe and Personally Safe to drive like this ?

Hello All, I need some advise. I have disconnected the shift motor wires and taped up both the wire harnesses (to keep connectors clean). Is it still mechanically and personally safe to drive the explorer this way? or could this cause damage and or make the explorer unsafe to drive? Noting...
  5. P

Transfer Case and or Shift Motor Issue 98 Explorer

Quick background, 1998 Ford explorer (185 000 Kms) XLT auto V6 SOHC 4.0L Located in Australia Was in low gear (4x4) slowly reversing (with trailer), up my garage driveway on loose gravel. Got up the top stopped the car and could not disengage low gear. Removed trailer and drove off slowly...
  6. P

Don't know what goes where?

Almost fixed ! Progress, removed all the covers around the wheels and engine bay, followed every vacume hose and made a diagram. While doing this I noticed the larger vacume hose from the vacume tank which goes under the airbox, had touched the exhaust pipe or something else hot just behind the...
  7. P

2000StreetRod, Thank you for your suggestion, will check out the vacuum actuated water control valve. McSlug, Might take you up on that offer if I can't work this out. Will be a bit of a drive as Im in Toodyay, if you do get the chance to take a pic that would be great. Janolsson, Great...
  8. P

Not a problem, chores always trump playing with cars (unfortunatly) Thank you
  9. P

Thank you Janolsson, Some pics of the set up would be great, I hope you dont have a phantom hose too. Thank you for identifying those parts for me too. Much appreciated PitCrew
  10. P

Hello, The explorer with the issue is an Australian Explorer XLT 1998 Auto SOHC Problem first appeared as hot air coming from the dash vent only with no other directional flow able to select. Obviously check for a vacume leak, this is where the mystery begins. Basically found an extra...
  11. P

G'day from an Australian Explorer

G'day, Been a little slack, as I actually joined a long time ago but have not posted yet. Not needed to, as every time I've had an issue with the explorer, I've been able to fix the problem with the info on this forum. So thank you for that, but I should of said G'day much sooner...
Back