Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 8

chop top 1 ton ex.

Sorry guys I know it's been a while, actually getting ready to part this project out. Been a busy year with family and a new job and just don't have the time to complete it.
  2. 8

96 limited. Radio says phone.

Has anyone ever figured out a fix for this? My wife's expo is also doing the same.
  3. 8

Wanted EATC for 96 EB explorer.

Yes the control under the dash, mine has a red case. I'm interested, please shoot me a price. Thanks
  4. 8

Wanted EATC for 96 EB explorer.

Ours stopped working and I can't find one anywhere, I would let the wife sweat it out until I found one locally but we have a 6 month old daughter so I have to get it fixed. The EATC back cover is maroon, I tried one from a 98 with a tan back cover and it was a no go. Please let me know...
  5. 8

chop top 1 ton ex.

Things are going to be tight, the SD 60 is going to make it a pain in the ass. But I'll figure it out. Wheelbase is going to a lot longer then I expected, looks like at a minimum 123"-125".
  6. 8

chop top 1 ton ex.

The are from liquid iron industries, they rent cheap but high quality pieces. They low you to have lot of travel without the use on super long shckle's which also make you have to set the rig very high. Also reported to be a lot more stable then a standard shackle. My plan is to also run them...
  7. 8

My bumber set up, maker of bumber James Cal

I like it but I'm not a fan of the hi-lift mount.
  8. 8

chop top 1 ton ex.

The front leaf springs are ordered and should be here soon along with some other goodies that I'm going to give a try and see how they work. I ended up going with the rancho 44044 leaves and spring sliders from liquid iron industries.
  9. 8

chop top 1 ton ex.

I wanted everything tucked up high on the front, I found my last front bumPer limited me on a few ledges and bigger rocks because I was hitting the tubes. With much bigger tires, axle moved foreward several inches and everything tucked up tight it should be alot better this time around
  10. 8

chop top 1 ton ex.

hey guys sorry its been a while, times have been hectic with a 3 year old and a new baby. but im finally getting back to work on the explorer, this last weekend to get my motivation going again i decided i wanted to do a little tube work. i didnt have many places i could start on yet so i...
  11. 8

eatc problems?

9 is eatc memory, 10 is eatc system and 18 is A/C system. 6 is showing up as airbag system and blower relay
  12. 8

eatc problems?

i checked 9,10 and 18. those were the only thing in the manual that mentioned eatc or A/c
  13. 8

eatc problems?

Which fuses and relays should I be looking at? I pulled every fuse that had to do anything with a/c per the manual. I've got a test light and from what all I can tell they had power.
  14. 8

eatc problems?

today i was bringing our newborn home from the hospital, it was a little warm so i decided i would put the A/C on to cool it off a little....it didnt happen. i popped the hood and realized the compressor clutch wasnt kicking in, i knew just a week before the system worked perfect so i knew it...
  15. 8

4404 problems.

its deffintnaly the case, im going to hit up the JY's tomorrow and try to find one. just going to have to take my chances as i need it fixed asap.
  16. 8

4404 problems.

anybody?
  17. 8

chop top 1 ton ex.

yup went down saturday morning and drove it home.
  18. 8

4404 problems.

just picked up this 96 EB yesterday, i knew it needed a tcase but the price was right. here's my question, when taking off on moderate accel you can hear popping and a little jolting. it sounds most likely like the chain is slipping on the cogs. my initial plan was to just hit the JY and grab...
  19. 8

chop top 1 ton ex.

im not sure, i turned it on yesterday and it plays through the car speakers and has a mic on the driver side a pillar. it says no service on the screen and i have no clue about how to get service on it. i would do it if could just because :D thanks guys. doing a little work on this one has...
  20. 8

chop top 1 ton ex.

thanks guys we appreciate it, went back in for a check up the other day and its looking better though she is going in for another surgery dec.1st. but i do have sort of an update but not on the chop top ex., my wifes cavalier died a few weeks ago and i decided i was done working on the POS so...
  21. 8

chop top 1 ton ex.

sorry i havent got much of anything done.... we discovered my sepdaughter had a tumor near her vocal cords, she had surgury last week and they got most of it but it will most likely going to come back twice as strong so she will be having surgury every few months for many years to come. its...
  22. 8

New Navajo Truggy build

Looks 100 times better then before, keep it up.
  23. 8

chop top 1 ton ex.

fast? i feel like im down to a slow slow crawl. the bending of the springs is why i decided to put my shackles in the back. and also to get the front stretch i need to keep a 40-42 tire out of the firewall at full stuff. probably on into next year mine will get a 3 link up front on some coil...
  24. 8

chop top 1 ton ex.

im up at 4:30 every morning, so i head to bed the same time as the kiddo.
Back