Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

Couple questions for you guys

I'll try it out. Mine is also 14 years old with 195ish thousand on the body. I just don't like hearing it squeaking all the time :D
  2. R

You are right about the body style that was my mistake. It'd have to be a 98-01 model, any clue if that would work? We put a ton of grease all over and the problem wasn't gone but a tad bit quiet.
  3. R

Alright so the first question is probably an easy one but, will any 95-01 rear quarter panel fit a 98 sport? I'm looking to replace my quarter panel on my sport and was wondering if a four door quarter panel would fit? Second question, I have this squeak coming from my front tires. Whenever I...
  4. R

Repairing dents?

Thanks for the replies guys I really appreciate it. I did find out what damage is seen is the only damage done lucky. Any ideas on the back quarter and door? I wanna avoid a body shop because money is tight, unless a pro would be cheaper? The door as you can see isn't bad I just don't know how...
  5. R

Repairing dents?

Sorry it took so long fellas, I have been swamped with work. Thanks for your replies though. Here they are It really took a hit behind the door
  6. R

Repairing dents?

My car was sideswiped in a parking lot about a month ago. My front driver side fender is dented pretty good as well as the flare, drivers door, and rear panel just behind the door. I plan on buying a new mirror as it was destroyed, but doesn anyone know how I can go about fixing this? Id...
  7. R

Spring sale! 20 Explorers for parts!!!

Eatc. Electronic heat and air unit.
  8. R

Is that without the unit itself?
  9. R

I'm doing an EATC install so if you have anything that's needed I'm in need. I have the head but that's it. I need the harness as well as the sensors, blend door, and fan speed controller. Thanks
  10. R

EATC wiring

Nobody?
  11. R

EATC wiring

I'm about to go to the junkyard before they decide to close to get a wiring harness for an EATC out of a 1997 Limited or EB. Anyone know what tools will be needed its a you pull you pay place and I am putting in the unit so I don't know what I need to remove it. I'm also going to be removing the...
  12. R

Rear timing chain rattle?

Awesome so I take it engine removal is needed?
  13. R

Guess not?
  14. R

I have searched this a long time ago and just recently, I thought I found everything out but I always find new things. First off I have a 1998 Explorer Sport 4.0 SOHC V6 but the engine is from a 99, I have a rattle sounds like its from the rear of the engine, it rattles ALL the time not just...
  15. R

Rear timing chain tsb?

I guess I should mention I have a '99 engine in my x, but I didn't really see anything. Anyone else with anything or know of anything?
  16. R

Rear timing chain tsb?

It sounds as if my rear timing chain is ratteling, the rattle is coming from the rear of the engine at least. Its a pretty consistant rattle it gets louder as I press the gas down further. It has been doing this for about roughly a year now and doesnt sound worse just gets louder when I...
  17. R

Alternator issue? Really goofy stuff goin on

It was indeed the alternator thanks again!
  18. R

Thats what Ive been being told from neighbors as well as a Ford mechanic. Although would it still start after sitting for a little while, mine does then dies again lol. I had the battery checked its near perfect, cleaned the battery cables as well as post on the battery and checked for corrosion...
  19. R

Tried that as well as checking the battery still nothing, Im picking up the alternator tommorow
  20. R

Thanks for the suggestion I will do that, although if the problem persists then cables or alternator?
  21. R

Well all these things (message center LEDs and instrument cluster) have been in for almost a year so I don't think that's the issue. I found a cheap alternator so Ill give that a shot and hopefully she will ressurect lol.
  22. R

First off Ill explain what has lead to my truck dying...again lol. So we have had some snow here and I decided to switch my 4x4 high on, I noticed when slowing down and turning the wheel left or right itd make a groaning noise and sometimes shake, I blew that off figured it was snow (still dont...
  23. R

Annoyingly loud creeking noise?? Help please!!

Its sooooo annoying and so loud and I dont want a wheel to fall off or something :D That and I cant drive it period right now it isnt starting for some reason :dunno::frustrate
  24. R

Not starting!!!???

Anyone???
  25. R

Not starting!!!???

So my truck isnt starting, it all started yesterday it acted like it didnt want to start like it was too cold. Gave her some gas and started up, now theres no starting it. It isnt the starter the engine kicks and turns over just wont fire. When I give it gas I can smell gas and the engine revs...
Back