Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. P

Grinding noise turning left

Tire size?
  2. P

Another P0171 P0174 Issue

Thanks for the chart! I did read that post also. I actually pulled off a vacuum hose so I could hear what it would sound like. I have nothing like that and I have had time to check hoses for leaks now. Nothing found. I have reset the SES light and will see if it comes back. I am thinking it is...
  3. P

Biggest tire that will fit on a 2003 explorer

With a 265 and no spacer there is about an 1/8" clearance between the inside side wall an upper arm. With a 1.5" spacer I had to slightly cut the corner of the bumper that protrudes into the wheel well and drill a new hole in the wheel well liner just rearward of strut about an inch foward of...
  4. P

That does help, THANK YOU! and I did get my code reader today. All 4 o2 sensors are reading ok at this point but did not do any WOT pulls. I am not trying to run it in a lean condition as we all know what happens. Fuel pressure is at 39ish at the regulator. I am looking for the normal range...
  5. P

Removing rusted bolts

I second kroil or lots of heat. Get them orange, they WILL break free
  6. P

Remanufactured Transmission = $3,800 installed, fix or junk explorer?

I feel that price is quite high. I live in SE Wisconsin where in winter all roads are built from salt. I just had my trans replaced with a reman. Unit at a Lincoln dealer (closer then ford dealer to me but same) 2k ago. 3 year unlimited mileage no fault warranty (means no matter how it breaks as...
  7. P

How many miles on your 3ND GEN EX?

78k and change, don't plan on getting another for at least 8 years
  8. P

I could use some help on this issue. I have the left and right banks reading lean. Has showed up and not gone away. I had the codes ran at an auto store. They told me it's an oxygen sensor but I know better. I have searched and read about this and seem to have an okay understanding. I am more...
  9. P

Parking Brake Working?

I have an 04 also and I did my pads at about 59000 a few years ago. E-brake pads 100% gone and as I remember it looked like they had been that way for some time. I also remember the pedal feeling like it was working. It is not that bad to do just some what hard to get some of the retainers...
  10. P

auxiliary modification

Pac audio PXHFD3 and PXDX. If you have the external CD player imput these two can be used to have an aux imput. I looked into it awhile ago but ended up replacing the radio with a Pioneer. Was almost the same price and got more options.
  11. P

New battery won't start car in 3 days

if there is anything aftermarket installed, look at that first. Have found many issues with draw on the batt. Most have been from remote starts, keyless entry, stereos, amps, things like that. I am not sure about explorers, but in general factory keyless will usually go into a "sleep" mode and...
  12. P

Finding the chirp - Pwr Strg pump?

Find the sticky about the harmonic balancer and read it! Please!
  13. P

BWM Brown Wire Mod 3rd Gen

I am new here but know my way around vehicles. I would like to do this and have found all the wires, 04 at the transfer case. My question is, as in post #102 there is a line voltage even when not in 4wd. If the transfer case didn't need this why have a voltage there? It is a lot easier for...
Back