Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

2005 XLT Code P0190 Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor

Yes. The shop ended up replacing both the fuel rail pressure sensor AND the fuel pump. Now, in retrospect, I wish I had them change the sensor first and fuel pump second as I still wonder if it was truly the pump. I trust my mechanic though (old friends) so I doubt he would lead me astray...
  2. T

2005 XLT Code P0190 Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor

Good Evening, all. Tonight I went to pull out my 2005 XLT out of the garage and found it was idling rough to the point it died. I started it again and it was revving between 100-1500 rpms. I let the engine warm up but this did not alleviate the problem. Finally, the truck stalled and would...
  3. T

Timken Wheel Bearing Question

Just a quick question on the Timken hub from RockAuto. The description state it does not come with the ABS cable. Would I need to purchase or is it a plug in? The last time I did wheel hubs was with my 97 Moutaineer and as I recall their is a plug mounted to the from for the ABS sensor cable...
  4. T

New (to me) 2005 XLT Issues I should know about

Good Evening, all! I recently purchased a 2005 XLT (dark blue, no running boards or wheel trim) after semi-retiring my 97 Moutaineer with 222k. Looking through the posts I feel I should be aware of the following issues: (correct me if I'm wrong) Spongy Brakes Is it the actual brakes or...
  5. T

Engine/Exhaust Tick

Thanks, Zero! This makes a great deal of sense actually. When accelerating onto the highway I'm usually around 2500-3000 rpm. I'll give it a shot tomorrow. Now, by federal law, if the cat is bad, doesn't Ford have to replace it because it has less than 80k? Someone feel free to correct me here.
  6. T

Engine/Exhaust Tick

Good Evening! I just discovered this forum and was happy to find other Explorer/Mountaineer fans! Last October I bought a 2005 Explorer XLT (to replace my Mercury Moutaineer with 222k!) with 47k on it. Everything has been good until about two weeks ago. I noticed that during hard...
Back