Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. jlsparky7

My list of Explorer - "How to" videos

Very welcome man! :)
  2. jlsparky7

I believe there are only 2-3 screws on the door panel and the rest are clips. They should be fairly easy to find. You have the right idea with testing the window motor. That should work fine. Double check your wiring for any breaks/bites/corrosion and that sort of thing. lol. everyone on...
  3. jlsparky7

How to: Fuel Filter Change

Awesome! Thanks for the pic
  4. jlsparky7

Thanks man! The throttle cable mod should have nothing to do with your brakes in any way. Maybe you had one seized that unseized? or had rust on the rotors that made the pads grab extra hard?
  5. jlsparky7

Im not sure on how the crossmember layout is on the 4.0. I would definitely be a pain on the 5.0 cause the crossmember only gives you 1/2 inch or so of play. Sorry i cant be more helpful!
  6. jlsparky7

Top 5 performance modifications for a newbie.

Check out the links in my signature. Few free/near free mods in there. Cold air intake is good (amsoil i believe makes one as well as K&N). A catback or full exhaust will help. Then you can always do tires and wheels if u wanna help out looks. Plugs and wires are always good too.
  7. jlsparky7

Fuel filter ?

Vid in the link in my signature. Your probably pulling on the line so it cant release. Or its rusted/corroded on.
  8. jlsparky7

Thermostat Change How To

Water pump is a good idea depending on mileage and how long you plan on keeping the vehicle. I think the pump itself is only 100 bucks or so through rockauto.com. Maybe a little more. If you plan on keeping it its definitely a good idea to spend the extra money and replace it while you have...
  9. jlsparky7

How do I know if I have a limited slip rear end?

He nailed it ^ Check out the links in my signature. I did a differential fluid flush vid and it has a vid of where the tags are on the axle. The numbers are on the door and the axle.
  10. jlsparky7

dieseling?

Check the codes. If your getting a misfire that could be the cylinder with the leaky injector.
  11. jlsparky7

dieseling?

Could have excess carbon build up on the head. Apply some seafoam a few times.... How to in the link in my signature. Also could be a leaky injector like you said...
  12. jlsparky7

5.0 problem need help fast!

Hows the exhaust pressure? Getting any codes? Electrical get wet somehow?
  13. jlsparky7

Seafoam. Yes or no?

Love the stuff and swear by it. How to vid in the link in my signature. Works wonders.
  14. jlsparky7

One side of my bumper is higher than the other

you should be able to adjust the bumper height with the bolts on the bumper mounts. They have slots in them so you can move the bumper up and down on each side by about 2 inches or so.
  15. jlsparky7

Master cylinder going out?

Check for leaks a WHOLE LOT. Bleed the brakes, recheck for leaks. If there are no leaks then its your MC going out.
  16. jlsparky7

Dont mind one bit. Thanks for chiming in! :)
  17. jlsparky7

Hats Off To Monroe!

I threw some monroe shocks on the ranger about a month ago. Love em, good ride difference.
  18. jlsparky7

Never worked on a v6 ex before. Tear into it and get it done. Snap a few pics so you know how stuff goes back together. Blower cant be to hard :)
  19. jlsparky7

Broken spark plug.

I did the same thing with 3 of my plugs on my V8. An ez out does work with a big breaker bar.
  20. jlsparky7

1996 ford explorer sport Brake suggestions

Cant go wrong with slotted... Ive heard hawk brake pads are good. Check out the product review section on the site. Lots of info. Brakes change how to in the link in my signature.
  21. jlsparky7

Leaf spring shackle bushing. NEED HELP ASAP!!!

I cooked mine till the bushing melted.
  22. jlsparky7

Growling front end

Sounds like tires to me :-/
  23. jlsparky7

brake line replacement

You really dont even need to worry about removal of the old line. Just run a new one if it wont bother you. I have a few brake vids in the link in my signature. You will need prolly 6-7 feet of brake line. They should know what size and fittings you need at the autoparts store. Very easy to...
  24. jlsparky7

Rough engine, but goes back and forth between rough and smooth

Check out the link in my signature. Do the IAC/intake cleaning, seafoam, and spark plugs vid. Sounds like thatll fix ur problems.
Back