Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. K

Vibration over 70mph, only when on accelerator

ok ill have it looked at thanks
  2. K

Vibration over 70mph, only when on accelerator

Hello, I noticed last summer that my 2005 Explorer would vibrate when the cruise control was on and I was going down hill, at low RPMs but on the gas. Well, the cruise control doesn't even work anymore but that's a different problem. Anyway, I noticed yesterday that in a straight line on the...
  3. K

What's behind the rear driver side panel opposite fuel fill?

I figured it was the fuel pump too but it did turn out to be the rear AC, I had it set to 1 instead of 0, turning it off silenced the sound.
  4. K

I do. Good question, I'll have to check if it's on next time I hear it.
  5. K

Does it whether stopped or moving. It doesnt normally do it as soon as I start the truck but after a few minutes I notice it and it sticks around until I turn it off, regardless of motion or gear.
  6. K

I'm getting a squeaking (sounds almost like belt whine) and seem to have tracked it down to there. It makes the noise when the engine is running, stopped or moving. Seems to lessen when making left turns and gets louder when making right (?????), no idea. It's opposite the fuel fill location but...
  7. K

Intermittent cruise control on 2005 4.0L

Hello, My cruise control has been giving me problems. At first it worked fine and has been degrading over a few months. At this point I can sometimes get it to engage by feathering the brake pedal. I have never had the ABS light come on like some people have posted along with the problem...
  8. K

Grinding noise, rear axle?

Looking at the shop's receipt it looks like they only used a "rear axle bearing kit" which was about $275 in parts. I'm guessing they didn't replace the ring and pinion as described in 05-23-3. Not sure though, I'm taking it directly to the shop tomorrow morning to speak with the mechanic.
  9. K

Well, I got it back today. They did about $1100 worth of work according to the TSB it looks like. It did fix the problem at 30-60mph or so, but not completely, as now it makes the whistle/hum noise at 55 to about 70mph. Seems pretty strange to me. Anyone hear of this?
  10. K

I called up the used car dealership, took their tech for a ride and it's going into the shop today and they said it would be covered. I gave them a copy of the 05-12-6 TSB which he seemed to appreciate. They gave me a loaner for a couple of days, I figure I should get the truck back by Thursday.
  11. K

Thanks noles, Hopefully the warranty I have will cover this. I'll research these other threads as well. It's a 4x4 XLT. Regards, Dave
  12. K

Also, I forgot to add that the noise is higher in pitch when going faster.
  13. K

Hello all -- I just picked up a used 2005 explorer with around 56k miles on it. I have a couple of issues with it already though. First issue is intermittent turn signals but that shouldn't be too much trouble to diagnose and repair (i have a 60 day/3000 mile warranty). The second is a sort of...
Back