Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. Y

2010 Explorer Power Steering Issue

I have a 2010 Explorer Limited with 33K on it and I'm experiencing power steering shutter at slow speeds (e.g. turning into and out of a parking space). I have the standard 3 option 4X4 system so 99% of the time it's on 4X4 Auto. I would expect to experience this during the regular 4X4 mode but...
  2. Y

I have a 2010 Explorer Limited with 33K on it and I'm experiencing power steering shutter at...

I have a 2010 Explorer Limited with 33K on it and I'm experiencing power steering shutter at slow speeds (e.g. turning into and out of a parking space). I have the standard 3 option 4X4 system so 99% of the time it's on 4X4 Auto. I would expect to experience this during the regular 4X4 mode but...
  3. Y

I have a 2010 Explorer Limited with 33K on it and I'm experiencing power steering shutter at...

I have a 2010 Explorer Limited with 33K on it and I'm experiencing power steering shutter at slow speeds (e.g. turning into and out of a parking space). I have the standard 3 option 4X4 system so 99% of the time it's on 4X4 Auto. I would expect to experience this during the regular 4X4 mode...
  4. Y

Transmission is hard to shift into park

Transmission Shifting Answer This is very late given the date of the initial post, but I just starting experienceing the same problem on my '03 Mountaineer. The truck was at the dealer today and they identified the issue as a bad shift motor located within the steering column. $260 labor & parts.
  5. Y

Mountaineer Newbie

Hello Everyone, I have an '03 Mountaineer that we purchased new currently with 97.5K miles. Best vehicle I've ever had in terms of a great quality truck and tremendous reliability. Stumbled upon this forum while looking for a problem regarding a current shifting problem going from D to...
Back