Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. F

04 Stuck in 4wd

OK. thanks for that. Didnt know that is how it operated in 2wd. Reason I put it up in the air to check was that I have a rotational "brrr brrr brrr" noise in the drive train that i cannot pinpoint. I can hear it when the radio is off and while inside the cab. It is most audible when...
  2. F

04 Stuck in 4wd

I have a stock 04 XLT V6 that is stuck in 4WD High. I put the truck up in the air and all 4 wheels would spin in drive, WITHOUT the dashlight on. I press the 4x4 high button--dash light comes on and drives exactly the same. Engaged 4x4 Low and I can here it clunk and engage. After I put it...
  3. F

How to: Replace Front Blend Door Actuator in 3rd Gen Ex.

I wanted to take a second and thank Rondo for taking the time to do this write up. This job was simple thanks to you. I owe you a case of beer next time you pass through Joliet, Illinois! This job took me just over an hour, and I have never done one of these on an Explorer before (I have an...
  4. F

2002 Explorer - Assistance request - Heat is not working

Don't be embarassed, be happy. Cheap and easy with no worries. Be glad you found it now than after tearing your dash and fingers to pieces.
  5. F

How to: 4.0 Harmonic Balancer - know when it's going bad & how to fix

Well, I too have succumbed to the notorious failure that is this balancer. This is ridiculous. I have no idea how long the pulley has been like this or how it even ran at all. I am just glad I found it before it totally let loose while driving.... Grooves for the belt are nearly 100%...
  6. F

3rd gen Explorer Blend Door Actuator Replacement

Thanks for the info guys. This makes things MUCH easier. Hats off to the guys who took the time to do such detailed work on the actuator threads:thumbsup:
  7. F

3rd gen Explorer Blend Door Actuator Replacement

Can anyone tell me the exact part number for the actuator for an 04 Explorer? My search found some awesome threads and write ups (thanks to the people that took the time to do that) But I am unable to locate and exact part number. Thanks for the help:thumbsup:
  8. F

2002 grinding while turning when accelerating

Were you accidently in 4x4 high and not know it?
  9. F

New oem tail lights on an 04?

Thanks....I guess the choice was made for me. You just saved me a few $$$$:thumbsup:
  10. F

New oem tail lights on an 04?

Sorry to post, but the search option was no help. I have an 04 explorer XLT sport. I really like the look of the 06-08 tail lights part # 6L2Z13404-CA. Does anyone know if they will fit my 04 without any modifications? They appear to be the same size and shape- but I was uncertain if the...
  11. F

New 04 XLT owner from Mass

I have the same type of truck- 04 v6 XLT . What type of performance mods are available for this truck? I have been doing some searches and have not come up with any real good answers. I was looking at a few websites for an eaton blower kit along with tuners and headers. I previously owned a...
Back