Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. N

COOLANT LEAK

not sure of the dog tag thing, but you might check to see if the intake maniford gasket is leaking. mine when on my 92 and coolant was leaking at the back of the engine. the original gaskets were upgraded by ford.
  2. N

front clunk

i had the radius arm bushings replaced in my 92 explorer about 6 months ago. lately, i've noticed a clunking in the front when hard braking, like something is moving forward. also lately the squeaking sound going over speed bumps has returned. someone said it may be some other bushings on the...
  3. N

Replacing Thermostat

i have a 92 explorer and it was much easier changing the thermostat when taking off the fan belt and tensioner - better access to the thermo bolts. also, make sure you get out all the air in the system - that can cause the temp gauge to move all over.
  4. N

Edelbrock Performer IAS Shocks

i put some on my 92 explorer and they were super stiff - bumps just jolted the whole vehicle. it was too much for me. anyone else have this problem? i mostly drive street so i tried some monroe sensatracs and i don't like them either. on rough roads, they roll and pitch all over. i was...
  5. N

104k on a 1992, what to expect?

i've got a 92 and had problems with the radius arm bushings (causing ft end shimmy and probably wrecked other ft end parts due to previous owner neglect) and needed to upgrade intake manifold gaskets from dealer after the original messed up and started leaking coolant; probably also responsible...
  6. N

coolant leaking fast

i found the problem, leaking original intake manifold gasket. taking it apart today. back on the road tomorrow.
  7. N

coolant leaking fast

i have an external coolant leak on my 92 explorer 4.0. hoses are ok. don't see any leakage around water pump. it's dry below thermostat housing. i haven't climbed under yet, but coolant (after driving) is dripping from somewhere towards the back of the engine, at least half way up the block...
Back