Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

Fuel pump / Fuel tank - Tips and warnings

You should take a pic and measurements of EXACTLY where you cut your hole to help out others in the future.
  2. R

I don't remember seeing one but I do not doubt it is there. It is probably a rubber pad to help with rattle and issues with rubbing while in place. I would remove the old one and glue it on the New Tank with some 3M Super Weatherstrip Adhesive. This is basically Rubber Cement on steroids. It...
  3. R

First off "cranking" is when the starter turns the Engine round and round. "Starting" is when the Engine fires and is actually running. Get a Fuel Pressure Tester. Rent, aquire...Whatever. There is what looks like a normal Tire Pressure Valve called a "Schrader Valve" on the Fuel Rail...
  4. R

Good to know. ^ It would seem well worth the 200 bucks to just replace the Tank with a new one. Start Fresh and not have to worry about it. When I pulled this one there was amazingly no detectable Oatmeal in the bottom of the tank. So she was good to go.
  5. R

Might be able to OHM test the Fuel Pump Motor from a different location other than pulling the Fuel Tank. Maybe Trace the Wires back to the Relay and figure out which two wires run it then OHM them to see if it is out of Spec. Or wait till it goes out. Hopefully you have AAA or something...lol
  6. R

Get the proper tools from the Parts house. You can get the Plastic ones but they suck donkey balls when it comes to putting any amount of pressure on them for removal. Go for the Aluminum ones. I think all you need is the 5/16 one. Not 100% sure on that though. It was a while ago when I...
  7. R

I bet you could get a new one from the dealer. You are talking about the plastic clip on the vent hose aren't you?
  8. R

How To: 12/95 or 1996 Ford Explorer V-6 4.0 4 dr Fuel Pump Replacement

Once you determine your Fuel Pump is bad... These are the processes I went through... Link to the thread... http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=242138 So This was happening to my buddies G/F's Ford. So I went to diagnose the situation. Pulled codes 420 and...
  9. R

So I bought a Fuel Injection Pressure Tester. On the fuel Rail there is a Schrader style (looks like a car/truck tire valve stem) valve with a blue cap on it. Unscrew this cap and you will see the valve. There was a fitting within the testing kit for the Schrader Valve. Upon connection...
  10. R

12/1995 Explorer V-6 4.0 starts then dies after 2-3 seconds

So I bought a Fuel Injection Pressure Tester. On the fuel Rail there is a Schrader style (looks like a car/truck tire valve stem) valve with a blue cap on it. Unscrew this cap and you will see the valve. There was a fitting within the testing kit for the Schrader Valve. Upon connection...
  11. R

Sorry for the bump but I need some insight as to what this could be.
  12. R

The Fuel Pump is at least pumping something because I took the line off after installing the new Fuel Filter and it pumped fuel out of the Fuel Filter. So I kind of doubt it is the Fuel Cut-off Switch. Thanks for the reply though. As anything suggested for zero money is always worth checking...
  13. R

Spark Plug Gap

I just did this and was in shock that the gap was so big.
  14. R

So This was happening to my buddies G/F's Ford. So I went to diagnose the situation. Pulled codes 420 and 133. Catalyst and o2 sensor. For some reason I highly doubt the Cat is clogged so bad it wont run. It should still run with an o2 code also. So I replaced the Air filter it wasn't too...
Back