Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 0

2002 4.6L Rev limiter

My dad use to have a 2002 XLT with a 4.6L and the 5 speed automatic w O/D. it was hte truck i learned to drive. I remember sitting in a parking lot one time and and streching out and hitting the gas by accident the truck reved up to about 5,500 rpms suprised at this having played with many...
  2. 0

High-mileage Explorers - going to be a problem?

yeah i had my tranny solionds or whatever replaced and that really helped the tech said he replaced the transmission solienods i raised my eyebrow to that because i never heard of such a thing but already being late for work because i wanted my car checked out after driving 7,000 miles around in...
  3. 0

High-mileage Explorers - going to be a problem?

I had a 2002 i drove it for 200,000 miles or so the death was caused by a connecting rod breaking. i use to go to my dealer for check ups and what not and around 150,000 he said id need a new transmission but as long as i didnt go driving around like i was in nascar i would be fine so i drove...
  4. 0

i want to use my radio

recently i had to send my explorer of too the great junkyard in the sky before i did i took the radio out and kept all the wires and plugs. is there anyway i can hook it up to a battery or an electrical outlet so i can use it with some external speakers i have heard of this being done before but...
  5. 0

please help

Aint got no money to burn but i was smart enough to bury my title in keys where no 1 would ever find them. so if im lucky its proabably sitting in a junkyard somewhere in the state. because my buddy wass able to find his expdition after he got into a bad wreck with it but didnt want it scrapped...
  6. 0

please help

yeah i guess you are right i asked what company took it they said they have no idea they dont remember or any of that. I went back to collage so i cant even fidn my self an ew one right now. I think im just going to look for another explorer.
  7. 0

please help

ok long story short i was out in alaska the past few months i had a 2002 ford explorer xlt 4x4 v8 sitting in the driveway with a blown engine and a transmission going bad. Family decided to have a wrecker tow it away because it was an eye sore. I didnt plan on getting it fixed up right way i...
  8. 0

where to find connecting rod and piston for 2002

I need a connecting rod and piston for my 2002 V8. Not looking for one from the junkyard looking for new possibly a catalog or somewhere off the net does anyone know of any place?
  9. 0

need connecting rod for 2002 v8

yeah i need a connecting rod for a 2002 ford explorer xlt 4x4 v8 anywhere i can get a brand new one online and also im leaking oil from somewhere but its not my oil pan any ideas?
  10. 0

engine noise

well i took the valve covers off and took a look and it doesn't look like there is a problem over there
  11. 0

engine noise

hmm it sounds lower thats for sure and nah the oil pans perfect im not burning any oil and oil pressure is good. But it think its the left bank cause i disconnected the left cylinders and fired it up the right 4 are perfect
  12. 0

engine noise

I also would like to know where i can get an engine diagram
  13. 0

engine noise

ive been having an noise coming from my engine for a while now i was recently in the shop to get body work done. I was told by the owner that there was a bearing that was going or something like that. And they would have to take the block apart to really see whats going on and i should either...
  14. 0

Fuel Pump Relay

I removed the fuel pump relay relay #48 and i dropped it somewhere in the engine and i cant seem to find. I think i may need to buy a new fuse or relay whichever it is. It is the black one with like # or more prongs where can i buy this from would they have it at Napa or the autozone or do i...
  15. 0

Need to know where my engine was made

okay well i have found out that my truck engine was made in romeo now my question is gotta replace the engine i have now does it need to be an engine made in romeo? or can it be a windsor? The engine i have now has a great amount of pickup and has a great V-8 noise with it do all the 4.6L V-8...
  16. 0

Stuck in a motel and running out of money...

you may think of this as sort of an old wives tale but you can get some of the excess heat out of the engine by cranking the heat all the way up drive a little stop let it cool back down and repeat it until you get home. and i would suggest flushing the radiator draining the collant refilling it...
  17. 0

Need to know where my engine was made

I need to know where my engine was made. by this i mean was it made in Windsor, Ohio or Rameo, MI its a 2002 ford explorer xlt 16 Valve V-8 i may need to replace my engine now im sure some of you think that there is really no differance where it is made but there is a major differance see Until...
  18. 0

quick question

I decided im going to go get a second opinion from someone who works on cars as a side job he use to work for Ford and Audi cause i personally think that this repair shop is trying to make a quick buck off me if the engine i have can be fixed im going to do that if not im going with a direct...
  19. 0

quick question

would a foreign made engine like a Toyota engine or something like that work with my ford explorer
  20. 0

noise coming from engine

i just got my Explorer back from the repair shop. IT needed some body work done. I was told by the owner of the shop that My engine was making a really loud noise when it is started up and when it is being driven. He said it is because the engines got 150K miles on it and and that its a lose...
  21. 0

What is this piece called, and where could I get it?

so does this help anybody help me out?
  22. 0

ok well i just got new pictures I been busy so thats why it took a while but i want to get my truck fixed sure my 1999 bmw 7.50 has been gettin me around but i want my truck back i already know where im going to get the right axle shaft from and its nomore than a $100 new i just cant see to...
  23. 0

nah i swerved to miss a dog that jumped out of the bushes and ran across the road and ended up scrapping a rock at 20 M.P.H. i had actually had to get it towed because i messed up my rim as well. First time my Explorer has ever been on the back of a wrecker :( but yes i will try and get some...
Back